How far can 1/8" tubing be run to mixing station?

Scooter21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to run the water line to my mixing station that I'm building. The mixing station and the sink are in different rooms. I'm going to mount the filter under the sink. I ordered 1/8" tubing to run from the filter to the mixing station. I think it'll end up with about 20 feet of length. Will that add too much resistance? Do I need to up size the tubing?

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, RO tubing is the only thing I would consider here (which is what it sounds like you are using?).

If the run is too long, you can by an 'RODI booster pump' to give you that extra umph.

OP
OP
Scooter21

Scooter21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, RO tubing is the only thing I would consider here (which is what it sounds like you are using?).

If the run is too long, you can by an 'RODI booster pump' to give you that extra umph.
Is 20' too far?

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. On the same floor.
I am not good with fluid dynamics and can only speak from personal experience but I don't think you will have any problem. If your freshwater tank doesn't fill as fast as you think it should you can always move the RO Filter from under the sink to the other room with the freshwater reservoir and get the full house water pressure to help move the water.

Neocold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine. All my RO tubing runs go under the sub floor and pop back up at the destination. I run to tubing line from my sink to the pantry the total tube run is somewhere around 20 feet. The RODI filters (75 gallon per day) are in the pantry. Then I run RO tubing from the filters to a ATO reservoir under the Display Tank in the Living room and that RO tubing run is around 30 feet.

I also run RO tubing from the mixing tank in the pantry to the DT for the Auto Water Change (powered by AWC pump in the mixing container). All my RO tubing runs work just fine. The flow is perfectly acceptable.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back