Mixing station to DOS RO

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small 25g mixing station, my salt mix I just have Ro tube going in the top all the way down to the bottom in a piece of pvc but the problem with this is I’ve noticed the RO line getting all clogged up with salt etc from just sitting in the water all the time - thinking it might be better to have a bulkhead out of the container and covert to RO tube?

Does that make any sense? What are others doing?

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can install a float switch on the top area of the container you have for water. Make sure it will shut the water off at the desired level. Your ro line will attach to the switch from the outside.

OP
OP
tb582

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can install a float switch on the top area of the container you have for water. Make sure it will shut the water off at the desired level. Your ro line will attach to the switch from the outside.
But that’s at the top of the barrel - not at the bottom where the RO line needs to draw from

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But that’s at the top of the barrel - not at the bottom where the RO line needs to draw from
What do you mean draw from? Water it delivered to the rodi unit from water supply ie faucet or home water line, water is filtered and it comes out of the other end of the rodi unit that fills the water container. No need to have the water line under water.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevermind I get what you are asking, I just use a pump to pump water into the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back