In your opinion, the ugliest coral(s)?

seanarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is mostly about designer corals and not "entire species" of corals, but those can count too lol.

I wanna see what everybody's opinions are on this subject - what, to you, are the ugliest corals? Certain "designer" types, certain colors, shapes, etc.

Post a picture if you want! I'll start -

Literally any Bounce mushrooms. They look like they've got pestilent boils growing on them. I feel like if I touch them I'll get zombified and it looks like a melted pile of "something" LOL

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is mostly about designer corals and not "entire species" of corals, but those can count too lol.

I wanna see what everybody's opinions are on this subject - what, to you, are the ugliest corals? Certain "designer" types, certain colors, shapes, etc.

Literally any Bounce mushrooms. They look like they've got pestilent boils growing on them. I feel like if I touch them I'll get zombified and it looks like a melted pile of "something" LOL
Ya, I never got the bounce mushroom thing and especially the price. I don’t think I would buy one if it was $15.

FishKeeper.mp3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

blue and tan discomusa, I had one hitchhike on my feather dusters and there is no way of me letting those grow in my tank.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Master-Scoly-Coral.jpg
Im going to ruffle some big feathers, but these. They remind me of the spin art from the fair when I was a kid.

bluemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Master-Scoly-Coral.jpg
Im going to ruffle some big feathers, but these. They remind me of the spin art from the fair when I was a kid.
I think a lot of it has to do with the top down view and the added over saturation to the picture.

IRL, I’d say Scolies and open brains look great .

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Master-Scoly-Coral.jpg
I keep finding you on the right side of the issues that really count. They remind me of a hippie on a Schwinn. Therefore, I don't like em.

OP
OP
seanarino

seanarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
blue and tan discomusa, I had one hitchhike on my feather dusters and there is no way of me letting those grow in my tank.
you know that one gross looking fungus on dead trees that looks like a bunch of wet brown gloves hanging off? "jelly ear" fungus? yeah

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Master-Scoly-Coral.jpg
I'm with you on this. And the bleeding apple scoly. Don't like them at all.

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa's - they tend to ruin the aquascape.

The only way I can see them look good is if they're designed to resemble a bouquet of flowers.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back