Inconsiderate shrimp...

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess my cleaner shrimp decided that I won't be keeping any bubble tip anemones. It keeps picking on mine, it doesn't look good. I guess I like the shrimp slightly more than the anemone (there's two shrimp, I don't want to break up the pair) so I guess the crustaceans win this round. At least it hasn't touched any of my RFAs, if it did that, I'd be having shrimp gumbo. Might try a haddoni, see if the shrimp's that stupid. Let that be a lesson, shrimp and anemones don't always get along.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the BTA? Could it be sick or acclimating, and that's why the shrimp is bothering it?

OP
OP
Anemone_Fanatic

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the BTA? Could it be sick or acclimating, and that's why the shrimp is bothering it?

I got it about a month ago. It was fine for a while, but in the last week, the shrimp's spent almost half the day picking on it. I think that's the issue, it's foot is still sticky and the mouth isn't gaping. It's a relatively healthy anemone, or at least it was before the shrimp decided to go after it..

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cleaners would always steal the spot feeding food I would give my anemone but other than that never mess with it. Wonder what's making it want to keep picking on it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 168 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back