Increasing flow in 20 g aio

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaprDon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DaprDon

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2020
Messages
74
Reaction score
44
Location
Hollister, MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a stock return pump approximately 250 gph in my JBJ 20g rimless.
Would like to replace with a Sicce 1.5 357gph rate but put a Y connect and 2 random flow generator nozzles on which actually decreases the outflow, but can create opposite random current.
Internal pumps are too strong and stationary.
Mixed reef mostly LPS, 3 yrs established.
Doable? What's your thoughts?
 
I'd add another WaveMaker, sounds like the return pump is sufficient
 
I have a smaller aio (about 17G) and the small Jebao wavemaker works extremely well in my tank which is mostly sps and lps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new