Indo Gold Torch is Lumpy???

LeighaBeans

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Wisconsin Dells
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, we've had this torch for about 6 or 7 months now... It's been lumpy and bumpy since we've had it. Has anyone else had this problem? What might it be? Thank you! Calcium 520, Alkalinity 180, pH 8, phosphate .25, nitrate 20. Haven't gotten around to getting a magnesium test, but we are saving up to get Hanna Checkers. Any insight is appreciated!!! He does get adequate flow.

IMG_20220317_220649107_BURST002.jpg
 
I'd definitely check your magnesium levels (even if you have to take a water sample into your LFS). Hanna doesn't make a magnesium checker (only alkalinity and calcium). Your nitrates and phosphates are also a little elevated - so I'd probably try to bring those down a bit.

I don't think either of these are a direct cause - these are just some aspects that will help in general. I know you said you have enough flow, but it's also something you could look at.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new