Indonesian Cultured Coral Exports will Resume Next Week!

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s great things are getting resolved, I can’t wait til this actually happens. I imagine the corals will be superb since they have been sitting for so long.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw this on FB too. Looks like this time it's the real deal. Things should be starting to move again.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whether it starts again or not, remember, the coral farmers have not been taking care of the corals, so who knows what shape they are in or how much they will need to throw away and regrow.

Jamo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a newish reefer, what does this mean? What types of corals will come of it? Or will prices just drop?

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a newish reefer, what does this mean? What types of corals will come of it? Or will prices just drop?
indonesia has the greatest diversity of coral species of anywhere else.

means for the short term.
There will be more offerings available, instead of going Online and seeing 3 aussie corals with different names but very sinilar colors. May actually see 3 acros that actually look different.

long term hopefully prices will come down a little as export costs are also Cheaper.

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder what this will do to high prices frags? Thoughts? Will frags stay the same price? Will the price drop on the “hot names” frags? Seems like since getting back in the hobby after being out for 12 years everyone will pay hundreds to get “named” pieces.

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they will fall.
Look at the 1k torches now sitting there for weeks. Until they start to price drop bump. They used to sell instantly. If they come in and flood the market they will need to sell to make space and to pay the bills.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This would be a great beginning to 2020 and to us who have sought a break on high pricing and limited availability at times

acroporabali

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, we known for a while that cultured corals will reopen. Corals have grown to a huge size, but we started fragging them again few months ago, so for SPS, there are already a lot ready, don't you worry guys. For LPS it's a different story. It takes a bit more time.
Also Indo cultured corals are opening back, but not in the same way as before, so prices will never be the same, as there are a lot of new cost involved.
Cheers,
Vincent

OP
OP
Weevo

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel prices will drop but your not getting a holy grail for $500

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but maybe for $150.

That would be great but I doubt it. Those torches were like 300-400 before the ban. One thing I noticed with the torch craze is just how many die in peoples tanks. Torches grow fast, they should be an easy coral to aquaculture and feed supply, yet they aren’t.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea but places like aquasd buy like 50k at a time so they tend to be worried about flipping it quick rather than gouge people with crazy prices . This in turn will force other places to lower prices. It wont be immediate , it's our job to support the places that are willing to sacrifice some margin for number of sales. Healthy competition is always good for a consumer. Granted I rather do this with lps versus sps especially because like top shelf said those flatworms and pests will be real .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back