Inexpensive PH calibration solution.

MYACROS.WONTGROW.504

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2025
Messages
616
Reaction score
439
Location
New Orleans
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone tried this product before?



IMG_5623.png
 
My first ORP probe was a cheap Apera handheld one. I always thought it was wrong, but after "upgrading" I learned that it was probably pretty much fine. I think their calibration solutions should be close enough, but personally I try to get my hands on 7 and 9 instead of 7 and 10 to stay a bit closer to the actual operating range of the pH meter.

I wouldn't bet on those reagents staying stable for long, though. Not because they use different/cheaper chemicals or so, but just because I'm not sure how air-tight these bottles will turn out to be.

Without an already calibrated pH meter it's hard to know how well these buffers are actually manufactured, but to me an overall trend in pH and the delta between day and night is more interesting then the actual reading, so I think you might be just fine trying those 🙂
 
If the NIST traceable is real, it’s a plus that may be worth paying for.

What is the white bottle In the picture? It’s too blurry for me to read it.

I use this different product, but have no idea if it is better:
https://a.co/d/06nJTf58
 
If the NIST traceable is real, it’s a plus that may be worth paying for.

What is the white bottle In the picture? It’s too blurry for me to read it.

I use this different product, but have no idea if it is better:
https://a.co/d/06nJTf58
The white bottle is a KCl solution for the electrodes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new