Infinite brine hatchery?

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2019
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
2,636
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
essentially I’ve been looking into Paul B’s mandarin feeder which I’m pretty sure I can make however I now need to find a way to breed brine shrimp as in Australia it’s not a stable supply to buy eggs so I was thinking of doing this.
1. Hatch some eggs
2. Let the shrimp grow to adulthood
3. Adults lay eggs
4. Seperate eggs
5. Hatch baby shrimp and feed to mandarin fish
Repeat steps 3-5 however how do I get the shrimp to lay eggs and how do I seperate them?
 
essentially I’ve been looking into Paul B’s mandarin feeder which I’m pretty sure I can make however I now need to find a way to breed brine shrimp as in Australia it’s not a stable supply to buy eggs so I was thinking of doing this.
1. Hatch some eggs
2. Let the shrimp grow to adulthood
3. Adults lay eggs
4. Seperate eggs
5. Hatch baby shrimp and feed to mandarin fish
Repeat steps 3-5 however how do I get the shrimp to lay eggs and how do I seperate them?

Sounds like way too much work for brine shrimp.

I'd look into setting up a few cultures for copepods instead. I think that would be easier and healthier for the mandarin.
 
Sounds like way too much work for brine shrimp.

I'd look into setting up a few cultures for copepods instead. I think that would be easier and healthier for the mandarin.
The feeder thing won’t work for the pods and already got some in refugium
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new