Inhabitants for frag tank

sascoaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I’m getting into Coral and decided that I’m going to get a separate frag tank and I have narrowed down the fish for it but wondered if anyone with personal experience could give their pick? I narrowed it down to a six line wrasse and a type of blenny? I’m mainly looking for one to eat algae and one for pests but I thought people who have done this for a while may have a perfect duo

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I’m getting into Coral and decided that I’m going to get a separate frag tank and I have narrowed down the fish for it but wondered if anyone with personal experience could give their pick? I narrowed it down to a six line wrasse and a type of blenny? I’m mainly looking for one to eat algae and one for pests but I thought people who have done this for a while may have a perfect duo
How big will the tank be?
Sixlines when young can be extremely calm but as they mature, aggression hits and they can become a nightmare. A good alternative if you want a pest eating wrasse and like the colours/patterns of a six line could be Pseudocheilinops ataenia, the Pink Streak Wrasse.

As for the blenny, be weary as Escenius species (Bicolors, Linears, Midas ect…) may end up nipping at certain coral and potentially making an expensive meal out of some Acropora species.

OP
OP
S

sascoaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big will the tank be?
Sixlines when young can be extremely calm but as they mature, aggression hits and they can become a nightmare. A good alternative if you want a pest eating wrasse and like the colours/patterns of a six line could be Pseudocheilinops ataenia, the Pink Streak Wrasse.

As for the blenny, be weary as Escenius species (Bicolors, Linears, Midas ect…) may end up nipping at certain coral and potentially making an expensive meal out of some Acropora species.
So for tank parameters I’m not 100% sure I just know that it will be to small to have a tang or foxface eg.. the only coral I will be doing is LPS and softies. Last time I had a sixline in my display but at the time I had no coral I was very lucky cuz he didn’t come out aggressive but I’ve heard they can be very. I would say the tank will be about 100l maybe 150 so what do you think?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for tank parameters I’m not 100% sure I just know that it will be to small to have a tang or foxface eg.. the only coral I will be doing is LPS and softies. Last time I had a sixline in my display but at the time I had no coral I was very lucky cuz he didn’t come out aggressive but I’ve heard they can be very. I would say the tank will be about 100l maybe 150 so what do you think?
A Pink Streak is a great Six Line alternative for that size tank. With the Algae, your best bet will be snails, these are 100% reef safe and won’t have a risk of eating your Coral. I personally recommend Trochus Snails for the smaller tanks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back