inkbird hate/bad reviews

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear good thing about inkbirds here for having 2 heaters - one as a backup in case of failure. Then I go on BRS and there are quite a few bad reviews. Are these things worth it? Is there one controller that I should be buying over another?

Also, I have a 40b with 20l sump. Will 2 100 watt eheim Jagers be good? Should I do 2 150 Jagers instead of 100?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear good thing about inkbirds here for having 2 heaters - one as a backup in case of failure. Then I go on BRS and there are quite a few bad reviews. Are these things worth it? Is there one controller that I should be buying over another?

Also, I have a 40b with 20l sump. Will 2 100 watt eheim Jagers be good? Should I do 2 150 Jagers instead of 100?
I've had mine for 6 years, no issue.

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've had mine for 7-8 years.
No issues.
Run multiple heaters off of it.
No issues.
Cheapest/easiest piece of equipment I own.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm happy with mine. I did had a sensor fail in one a few weeks ago but I have no idea how old the unit was. I still have 3 up and running.
Screenshot_20240416-153909.png

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we’re talking about the heater controllers I have 3 of them and have never had them fail. If we are talking about the heaters they sale, I have had several fail pretty quickly and I no longer use them.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have had several with no issues.

I had one that had a problem within warranty that was exchanged no issue and was posted out at no cost to me.

People only write negative reviews, rarely are they bothered to write positive ones.

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I boight one recently. There are different models and versions. Some people also either dont understand how they work or dont setup correctly. I cant tell you how many reviews I have seen especially on amazon where people are saying this doesnt fit with a picture and you can clearly see they have it the wrong way and cabt follow simple directions. Whats scary is seeing toolss like hammers when its an allen wrench and wrench that are only needed and included.....Im about to go on a rant now lol.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like mine! Been running for years!

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sonny non WiFi one I had no issues . It also was one that did heat and cool

The WiFi version, that does heat only with one temp sensor,gave me a few issues in the beginning….the temp drifts . I still have my other inkbird hooked up and even with the calibration it drifted.

I think my issue in the beginning may have been my ADJ power strip. The inkbird my pull too much energy.

Besides the drifting - which reminds me I need to contact inkbird - I do like the ability to see the temps (taken every 15minutes) I have less than a 1 degree swing.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 55 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back