Inkbird heater controller

  • Thread starter Thread starter Steve S
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Steve S

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
46
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to run two heaters in my reef tank.
Question: should I run them on separate Inkbird controllers or just use one controller?

Thx
 
For me, the cost is worth running it on a separate controller. Adds another level of redundancy if a controller goes out.
 
Best with two controllers. I had two heaters on a single controller, and one of the heaters failed. It didn't do any harm, but I had no way of knowing it had failed until the other one failed too. (Both from a bad batch of DD / BRS titanium heaters a couple of years ago.)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new