Inkbird help

dianerivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, can anybody help me. I am confused on how to set my inkbird itc306t. I want my aquarium at 78. I don't know if I am suppost to set the SV at 78 and the difference at -1 so it will turn on if it falls to 77 and then cut off at 78. Also the heater should be set to 80? I believe this way the inkbird controls the heater. Is it better to have the heater control the temp. How would I set it that way? Thanks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's usually easier to have the Inkbird control two inanimate rods, but if you do a search for Inkbird on R2R you can find examples of how others have setup their Inkbird for controllable heaters.

Dave Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, can anybody help me. I am confused on how to set my inkbird itc306t. I want my aquarium at 78. I don't know if I am suppost to set the SV at 78 and the difference at -1 so it will turn on if it falls to 77 and then cut off at 78. Also the heater should be set to 80? I believe this way the inkbird controls the heater. Is it better to have the heater control the temp. How would I set it that way? Thanks
Set your heater at 80. As you mentioned, the Inkbird will turn it on if the temp falls to 77, and shut it off when the temp rises to 78. If for some reason the Inkbird fails, you know your temp won't go above 80 (unless your heater fails also).

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back