Inkbird ITC-306a Wifi ISSUEs

ZaydRossi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I have 2 Inkbird ITC-306A (on two different tanks) Both have been working fine up until a week ago when my internet modem decided to die. I have had to reset my modem to factory settings to get it to work. over the last 5 days i have been trying to reconnect them to wifi and my iPhone but with no luck. I have searched the internet on how to factory reset them and the instructions for it are not working ("Press and hold the decrease button to power on, the buzzer will beep once, that all parameters will restore to the factory settings. In any case, press and hold for 2 seconds to turn off, there will be no output.")

I have tried pairing in the standard mode and also in AP mode but neither are working.... And yes before you ask my wifi password is correct and other devices on the net work are working/connecting perfectly.

Has anyone else ran into this issue and what was your fix for the issue please?

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a 2.4ghz channel turned on since resetting your modem? I think the Inkbirds only work on 2.4ghz, so you have to make sure you're connecting to that and not 5.0ghz.

OP
OP
Z

ZaydRossi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a 2.4ghz channel turned on since resetting your modem? I think the Inkbirds only work on 2.4ghz, so you have to make sure you're connecting to that and not 5.0ghz.
Yeah I do have 2.4ghz turned on and I am only trying to connect to the 2.4 signal not 5.0

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an inkbird 306a, and never got it connected, I had the same issue as you.
If you search the internet, you will find some other cases, where folks had to physically disable the 5.0 frequency on their modem, then connect the inkbird to the 2.4, and then enable the 5.0 again. Too complicated for me, so I sold it on kijiji for half the price I paid. Inkbird is added to my blacklist.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back