Inkbird ITC 306a

JakeC96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how to factory reset an inkbird itc 306a? I can't figure this thing out for the life of me.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manual says this but I never tried it:
Press and hold the decrease button (down arrow) to power on, the buzzer will beep once, that all parameters will restore to factory settings.

...poor wording came right from my manual,,, I didn't typo there

Also, InkBird Pro app (in iOS) has "Restore factory defaults" option at bottom when you click on the the "..." (3 dots) in the upper-right

EDIT -- just noticed OP was LONG AGO ... but thread got bumped up ... ooops, nevermind

Upvote 0

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manual says this but I never tried it:
Press and hold the decrease button (down arrow) to power on, the buzzer will beep once, that all parameters will restore to factory settings.

...poor wording came right from my manual,,, I didn't typo there

Also, InkBird Pro app (in iOS) has "Restore factory defaults" option at bottom when you click on the the "..." (3 dots) in the upper-right

EDIT -- just noticed OP was LONG AGO ... but thread got bumped up ... ooops, nevermind
But the internet is forever. Just ask Kim K and Paris Hilton.

Upvote 0

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever figure this out? Because I can't figure it out either - factory reset. Worthless manual.

My problem is the thing went off with the E5 code (heating for too long) only now I can't seem to get it to start heating again, the "work" light never lights up

The little wifi light keeps flashing slow. I've never been able to connect it to the network in the office where it's at so this is worthless, occasionally it will show "APP" but I don't want or care about the app, I just want it to work again...ugh

Upvote 0

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever figure this out? Because I can't figure it out either - factory reset. Worthless manual.

My problem is the thing went off with the E5 code (heating for too long) only now I can't seem to get it to start heating again, the "work" light never lights up

The little wifi light keeps flashing slow. I've never been able to connect it to the network in the office where it's at so this is worthless, occasionally it will show "APP" but I don't want or care about the app, I just want it to work again...ugh
What kind of heater are you using with it? If it’s a heater with its own adjustable thermostat, it needs to be set higher than what you have the Inkbird set at, otherwise it may be hitting the set temp and never reaching the inkbirds set temp, and the unit will continue to “work” and eventually E5 and shut down.

Upvote 0

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also this controller has been on this system for going on 2 years with no issues until today, but I rarely see the temp below the set point so I'm not sure it's even turned on until today honestly

Upvote 0

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also this controller has been on this system for going on 2 years with no issues until today, but I rarely see the temp below the set point so I'm not sure it's even turned on until today honestly
Make sure you’re on a 2.4ghz network and only a 2.4ghz. If you have Wi-Fi that toggles 2.4ghz/5.0ghz it won’t like that too much. You also could just have a bad heater if it says it’s working but not coming up to temp. I believe you can control the InkBirds without the app, but don’t quote me on that

Upvote 0

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been running it for years without ever connecting to the app. You just set everything on the controller

all I am asking is if anyone knows how to reset the thing to factory defaults. That’s it. I’ve googled this a bit and it seems nobody has solved this question. And no, the instructions from InkBird do not work, at all

Upvote 0

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said "years" so maybe the InkBird just finally failed. (Too late to claim the 2 year warranty).

If I were in your shoes, I'd do this:
*just in case the "Work" LED is burnt out but InkBird is still working
1. Take note of the current temperature (top one)
2. Manually (on the InkBird) set BOTH temperature points HIGHER than current temperature. User Guide calls these TS1 and TS2 ... I think they have to be at least 0.5d F different but whichever is LOWER is what the InkBird should use to turn ON the power to the heaters when actual temperature is lower than that
3. Plug in any simple device that's easy to see if it's getting power (into one of the InkBird AC outlets); 3 light AC receptacle wiring tester would be ideal but anything like a small lamp, iPhone charger with iPhone connected,,, whatever.

If both "TS" values are HIGHER than current temperature and the InkBird outlets aren't putting out power, then assume the InkBird is dead.

Personally, I use the app over wifi but here's the User Guide that describes how to work through the controls on the InkBird manually:

Attachments

• ITC-306A User Manual.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 103
Upvote 0

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have the manual, which is how I set it up originally. I didn’t try the set point thing but I took it back to the server room and tried 5 times to connect it, while “as near as possible to the router”. Fail.

So I took it home and tried another half dozen times on my home network. Fail.

But I set up a cup in the sink where I could rapidly change the temp, plugged a light into the outlet and turns out the outlets actually work, I can hear a relay clicking too. But the “work” LED no worky.

So, I went back to the tank. Of course, this tank is in a dentist’s office, where nothing goes wrong until it’s at the most inconvenient time. Like when I have a bunch of orders to get out before a winter storm rolls in, and then I have to drive back through the storm with a temporary replacement heater.

I installed the temp heater and pulled out the other heaters. I’ll have to test them after I clean them up. Which I’m totally positive was not the problem

EE4E799B-0180-475C-8BCE-B6A73AB8C6A6.jpeg

…still….do not know how to “factory reset”

Upvote 0

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool ... at least it's still working.
No idea about factory reset if what the manual said didn't work.
Also, I never had any problem with wifi so can't help you there.
Good luck...

At the very least you need to set your "temperature set points" TS1/TS2 to what you want for ON/OFF temperatures, though.

Upvote 0

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those were already set and had always worked, and still work
I might have been mis-reading but sounded like you didn't check them and you're currently having issues so I was saying you need to at least check and make sure those settings didn't get messed up.

I apologize for stating the obvious.
Anyway,,, good luck...

Upvote 0

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had set up the controller initially following the directions and the flowchart tree for all the settings and such, and never had a problem. I don't think the heaters ran very much, and only in wintertime. So yesterday was likely the first day they have kicked in since last spring.

I was just stuck on the same issue the OP had, resetting it to the factory settings, thinking that might clear out some glitch it's having. Seems like that is a problem that literally everyone has with this thing, there's no way to actually do a factory reset

But now it appears I have uncovered 2 other problems, the "work" light is broken and the WiFi doesn't work at all

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back