Inkbird temp probe click of death

  • Thread starter Thread starter pseudorand
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pseudorand

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
641
Reaction score
427
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Inkbird is clicking. It's actually going on and off once a second or so and I hear a click when it does. Turns out it stops if I remove the temp probe. I have a new one on order, and it's summer here so the tank temp will be fine. But has anyone seen this before.

I actually think it's shorting. If I take it out and dry it off, the problem stops. When I submerge it, it happens again pretty quick.
 
Better safe then sorry , I definitely would replace and maybe keep a spare on hand . I use apex but have a brand new ink bird on hand . And no I’ve never experienced the click of death as you call it . But nothing is made to last
 
Well, I got the new temp probe, but same results. I guess it's the InkBird itself. I though they were supposed to be the best. Anyone have suggestions for an alternative?
 
I just don't understand why Inkbirds are so popular............they are junk.

People will spend mega bucks on lights, ect. and then buy an inkbird?????

I'd toss it in the trash and buy a Ranco. You can get a cord/plug at Home Depot for $10.
I have two, one is 10 and the other is pushing 20 years old.
https://www.rancoetc.com/ranco-etc-111000-000-digital-temperature-controller


You can also get them wired with the plug but it will cost more.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new