Inked68's 300g Shallow Reef

Inked68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let the madness begin. Been in and out of the hobby for many years and of course, here we go again. Started back in the day when the Berlin systems were the thing in So Cal. Fast forward and a few systems later, Im in Texas and ready to build which to me will be my dream system. SPS and many fish will be the focus. Can't get away from the sticks. Going to list some details below of the plan but know things could and will have changes as I go. Greatly appreciate any feedback and looking forward to sharing my build as it progresses.

- Tank - 72" x 48" x 20" - Ctr overflow, rear returns, blk back and going to have a white bottom (more to come on the bottom of tank). Currently being built by John @ Advanced Acrylics.

- Stand - 72" x 48" x 38" (pictured below) Just assembled it today and purchased from AluFab. Great quality, everything needed and price wise, they hands down beat every place I called by a significant amount.

- Sump - 60" x 24" x 16" plus I will have a 16" x 24" x 20" refugium. All white PVC materials also coming from John @ Advanced Acrylics. His prices on both were unbeatable.

- Lighting is planned to be 7 - 60" Orphek light bars
- Unsure on skimmer brand at this point but will be going external.
- Ca reactor
- Flow, well you know, lots of it.

Back to the tank having a white bottom. Going bare and have seen a few like this. Always liked the white sand look so this will be the next best thing.

Many more things in mind as usual but will continue to update as things progress. Hope to have sump and tank in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Stand1.jpg
Stand2.jpg
Stand3.jpg
Stand4.jpg
Stand6.jpg

OP
OP
I

Inked68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds awesome. Keep sharing pics as you progress. What are plans for stocking?
Starting with dry rock in display, live rock in sump since I have will have plenty of room. After the waiting game, will be plenty of fish and STICKS!!!.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, this might sound dumb, but that's the most awesome stand I have ever seen. LOL
That's going to be a mega tank too. Wow.

I'm getting one of those stands right now! Looks like they carry my size!

Does yours have the finish panels and everything, or is it just the bare frame?
I almost want to just go for it and get the whole package. They make black too. whoa...

My tank is coming from the same place and is just a 36x24x12" high and 3/4" inch rimless with the "museum quality" treatment. Glad to see someone else getting a similar one from them too. That's awesome.

I'll be following this....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back