Inland Saw Help Needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter bkhunt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bkhunt

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2012
Messages
795
Reaction score
239
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the Inland saw and my lower wheel keeps coming loose causing the blade to pop off. I can take it apart and get the wheel tight but almost immediately the wheel is coming loose again. Any suggestions would be great.

I did just order a new lower wheel but fear the same thing happening.
 
I have the Inland saw and my lower wheel keeps coming loose causing the blade to pop off. I can take it apart and get the wheel tight but almost immediately the wheel is coming loose again. Any suggestions would be great.

I did just order a new lower wheel but fear the same thing happening.
Did you intend to post this on a carpentry forum you are also part of? LOL, this is a band saw we are talking about right? Not some fancy glass scraper I’m unaware of?
 
I have the Inland saw and my lower wheel keeps coming loose causing the blade to pop off. I can take it apart and get the wheel tight but almost immediately the wheel is coming loose again. Any suggestions would be great.

I did just order a new lower wheel but fear the same thing happening.
Sounds like maybe you need parts like the tension spring and maybe the tension block, if the blade doesn't stay tight.
Maybe even the insert guide.
Those saws can get pretty rusty and parts fail.
Thankfully parts are fairly cheap.
 
Sounds like maybe you need parts like the tension spring and maybe the tension block, if the blade doesn't stay tight.
Maybe even the insert guide.
Those saws can get pretty rusty and parts fail.
Thankfully parts are fairly cheap.
the blade is staying tight but the bottom wheel is coming loose. I did order a new lower wheel and am going to go to Lowes to see if i can find a new set screw for this wheel in the mean time.
 
Got an actual SS steel screw to replace the set screw and problem solved. I did have to make a minor modification to the saw body by making a small notch/key way with a drill bit since the screw was a little longer than needed. I didn’t have a grinder to shorten the screw.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new