Inline pump installation question

SallyWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a Sicce Synchra 4.0 for use as a water mixing station pump (which can also double as a backup submerged return pump, so yay for versatility!). I know that with submerged return pumps, it's recommended to plumb the outlet with a length of vinyl tubing before hard plumbing it, in order to reduce vibration. Does the same apply to dry inline use? As a water mixing station pump, it'll sit between my two water barrels, and be hard plumbed to both, allowing for transfer of fresh water to the salt barrel, mixing of the salt barrel, or direct access to either. Can I hard plumb directly to the Sicce, or do I need vinyl tubing? It won't be on constantly- only when I'm mixing saltwater or doing a water change- so noise isn't really a huge deal. No harm to the pump doing it that way? For what it's worth, the pump didn't come with an inlet fitting so I'll have to buy one, and which one I buy depends on whether I'm hard plumbing or using a length of vinyl tubing. Thanks!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need for vinyl tubing in your application. As you said, it won't be running most of the time so vibration/noise shouldn't be an issue.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back