Innovation Marine Advice - Tank sales / Timing

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi All - Been watching the IM site for sales on the INT75. I'm OK with the stands although I will need to come up with a way to add leveling feet. My question is about sales and timing. Currently they only have the INT75 with a sump and 20% off. Will they ever do better than this or have they in the past? Have the offered the 75 without sump before? They also have a INT50 without sump for 40% off. I guess the question is "Is this about as good as they do" or "should I wait for the holidays" or "year-end clearance"

All in All I would like just the tank and build a nice stand like I did with my 25. Takes longer, but I think looks better and is stronger IMHO. But have been told they do not sell tanks without stands any longer.

OP
OP
Staplesofficewar

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yea i guess I’ll have to rely on videos. I’ve not seen anyone with one: I’ll have to ask on local FB group to see if anyone has it.

No other thoughts on sales or trends in their sales?

Rozier123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i guess I’ll have to rely on videos. I’ve not seen anyone with one: I’ll have to ask on local FB group to see if anyone has it.

No other thoughts on sales or trends in their sales?
You can contact IM directly with your questions. I believe they will be happy to provide you options and the answer to your question.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All - Been watching the IM site for sales on the INT75. I'm OK with the stands although I will need to come up with a way to add leveling feet. My question is about sales and timing. Currently they only have the INT75 with a sump and 20% off. Will they ever do better than this or have they in the past? Have the offered the 75 without sump before? They also have a INT50 without sump for 40% off. I guess the question is "Is this about as good as they do" or "should I wait for the holidays" or "year-end clearance"

All in All I would like just the tank and build a nice stand like I did with my 25. Takes longer, but I think looks better and is stronger IMHO. But have been told they do not sell tanks without stands any longer.
I don't know how the prices compare but I noticed that BRS has IM tanks on sale right now.

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks all. Pulled the trigger on an EXT complete. Showed up Tuesday!
same tank I have, you won't be disappointed . congrats on the new setup!
I do think it sucks that a lot of these manufacturers are forcing you into there sumps and stands. fortunately I ordered mine before that started.

OP
OP
Staplesofficewar

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
same tank I have, you won't be disappointed . congrats on the new setup!
I do think it sucks that a lot of these manufacturers are forcing you into there sumps and stands. fortunately I ordered mine before that started.
yea still figuring how to modify the plumbing a little to get it closer to the wall. I knew I would have to do that so no big deal... all the fittings are DN20/DIN 25 (3/4) - but Chinese and a bit hard to find.
How did you mount your lights? I was going to get some aluminum extrusion from Alliexpress and build my own coming up over the back, but then the drain lines are in the way to support properly and materials along save very little vs the HMS mount. Considering HMS mount bar instead now.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea still figuring how to modify the plumbing a little to get it closer to the wall. I knew I would have to do that so no big deal... all the fittings are DN20/DIN 25 (3/4) - but Chinese and a bit hard to find.
How did you mount your lights? I was going to get some aluminum extrusion from Alliexpress and build my own coming up over the back, but then the drain lines are in the way to support properly and materials along save very little vs the HMS mount. Considering HMS mount bar instead now.
So I’m placing my EXT stand 9” from the wall. Gives me 6” between wall and overflow box. I was concerned with the wall getting wet and I have an outlet behind it. Bought an outdoor weather box for the outlet but now thinking just a sheet of plastic taped over the plugs like a curtain/tarp. I was thinking even another inch away. If I did an INT I would do closer. My next thought is the “cat walk” I’m making how close are you trying to get? Are you semi glossing the paint on the wall?

OP
OP
Staplesofficewar

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The walls are eggshell behr paint and can be cleaned easily. I have a IM 25 right now and made covers for the overflows where most of the misting comes from and have very little issues with salt creep on the walls.

I found the bulk heads to bring the return line inside the distance the overflow box extends. Hoping to keep the overflow about 3/4 " from the wall. The overflow also has a lid so not really worried about spray from there.

What Lights are you planning and how to mount?

Note - maybe I should start a build thread...

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The walls are eggshell behr paint and can be cleaned easily. I have a IM 25 right now and made covers for the overflows where most of the misting comes from and have very little issues with salt creep on the walls.

I found the bulk heads to bring the return line inside the distance the overflow box extends. Hoping to keep the overflow about 3/4 " from the wall. The overflow also has a lid so not really worried about spray from there.

What Lights are you planning and how to mount?

Note - maybe I should start a build thread...
I’d like to get a light now for future but hard to decide on ~$800. Since it’s a euro brace, it seems I can do the Radions bracket without the clamps and it snugs with the rail. Or, I can mount the brackets to 2 clear acrylic 1”x2”x 8” pieces for it to clamp to make feet. I don’t want to see wires hanging. Sky light, Eco 30 or possibly the Amazonas 90 icon pending how much it is. Seems it would be a single light that can get the full spread of the tank. I’m trying to figure out my wanting live premium ocean rock with cycling etc..

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI if your still looking for a tank another member has a crazy deal!!!! IM SR80 https://www.reef2reef.com/members/flashsmith.178374/
Thanks for sharing my sale. IM makes a great tank. I've owned 4 of them. I'm selling this one simply because I'm building a new house half the size of the one I'm in now. I also have a 180 that's gotta come down. So this setup is moving on. I had a heart attack 3 months ago and decided to downsize everything including my hobbies. Going to a nano setup for the new house.

OP
OP
Staplesofficewar

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’d like to get a light now for future but hard to decide on ~$800. Since it’s a euro brace, it seems I can do the Radions bracket without the clamps and it snugs with the rail. Or, I can mount the brackets to 2 clear acrylic 1”x2”x 8” pieces for it to clamp to make feet. I don’t want to see wires hanging. Sky light, Eco 30 or possibly the Amazonas 90 icon pending how much it is. Seems it would be a single light that can get the full spread of the tank. I’m trying to figure out my wanting live premium ocean rock with cycling etc..
Have you got the tank yet? Its not eurobraced

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back