Innovative Marine 30l - Ohio

mrgster5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I just started my IM 30l tank up with some live rock and corals. A few little starfish and clams hitchhiked in the tank but other than that I don't have anything else. I have a different heater ordered and another wavemaker on the way too. So far I have just one light, but it didn't come with a remote. The Noopsyche K7 Pro II, I am manually turning the light on and off at the moment until I find another solution. Any suggestions to make this tank look fantastic is welcome :)
63425702758__2141DD2D-6D68-4A3C-BE9E-7EEF1B262316.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg
IMG_0114.jpg
IMG_0113.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0109.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy and welcome

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings, and welcome. E-Marco Cement comes in purple to match your rocks, if you decide that you want to join them together and get some height. But it’s all a matter of personal taste. Keep going slowly, and keep asking questions. Best wishes!

OP
OP
mrgster5

mrgster5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings, and welcome. E-Marco Cement comes in purple to match your rocks, if you decide that you want to join them together and get some height. But it’s all a matter of personal taste. Keep going slowly, and keep asking questions. Best wishes!
That's great advice, I will look that up, I do want height, but was afraid to stack them without attaching somehow.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
59E7FB2A-2E95-4C35-A52B-0AD5E15B01E5.jpeg

If you happen to like the current trend towards NSA (negative space aquascape), I did this with E-Marco. Your 30-long could have a high and a low side.

OP
OP
mrgster5

mrgster5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from across the pond, your tank looks great. Cuc is there anything in the tank for them to eat?
The rocks are live rocks, but I haven't fed them anything yet, didn't realize I should be :/. LFS recommended getting some cleanup crew, just put in 10 blue legged crabs, 5 bumblebee snails, a cleaner shrimp, and 2 emerald crabs. I'm worried about the crabs because I have no sand and I thought they could eat the snails and nip at my coral, but the fish store assured me they should be fine. I decided that was enough bioload to add so I am waiting on fish. I hope I didn't do a bad thing getting the crabs but I have a daunting feeling about it. :(

Attachments

• IMG_0124.MOV
    64.8 MB
OP
OP
mrgster5

mrgster5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help, my fears about the crabs are right, they have knocked over and pushed around every single coral in my tank. How can I keep my corals safe or should I take these crabs back to the lfs?

OP
OP
mrgster5

mrgster5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a frag rack for the delicate corals and that works, for now, to keep them safe from the crabs knocking them over. I also just added my first fish. A Coral Beauty Angel and a Court Jester Goby. They swim together and seem pretty happy.

IMG_0202.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back