Innovative Marine AIO 15 Build

CollinReefs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2023
Messages
9
Reaction score
26
Location
New Brunswick
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! This is my first tank since being out of the hobby for around 5 years and I couldn’t be more excited to dive back in!

As the title states, I have an Innovative Marine AIO 15 and I have loved it so far. My tank is only a month and a half old and is stocked (so far) with a Gold Nugget Maroon Clown and some softie corals.

Currently running an AI Prime 16HD at around 40% and have very little mechanical filtration (just using filter floss and chemipure elite).
71485085186__23BEE5D5-A9CD-4821-B698-051921E226B2.jpeg

IMG_1559.jpeg
Pictured above is when corals were first added. Notice the damselfish I had given a chance (he did not stick around for long before I took him back to an LFS)
71658354117__4C29659A-4924-4986-A502-6692380A767B.jpeg

Changed the rocks a bit after removing the damsel.
IMG_1749.jpeg
IMG_1750.jpeg
I noticed a part of the Kenya Tree fell off, is that just how it “reproduces”?

Very happy with results right now! I have some Cyanobacteria, but I am not too worried as I am due for a water change and parameters for the tank are healthy.

Let me know if you guys have any tips on any mechanical filtration I can add to the system, or just any tips in general!
 
Looking great. Yep, the kenya tree will frag itself. I would move the zoa rock an inch away from the others to prevent them from taking over.

Edit: For mechanical filtration, IM makes sqaure socks that can drop in the back. I never had them on my IM 20 bc $$ but would use a ball of floss and swap it out once a week.
 
Last edited:
Great looking start!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new