Innovative marine choices

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a small nano frag tank with an ai prime 16hd. Which. Now after air of trial and error seems to be working not bad now. I was thinking of getting the same 25 lagoon as Bahama llama remy. I love all in ones. Than I realized the stand for the 25 is the same as the 40gallon. The I’m stands seem to be top notch! ThEn I researched more and the 50g lagoon with stand is on sale the same as the 40g. So. My main display is a Fluval 13.5. Do I know maybe buy the 50g lagoon and stand abs make a beauty display in my basement and the 13.5 becomes the frag tank?/ and I get an ai prime for that abs ditch the stock hood? My original plan was a red sea max e170 for our kitchen here in Canada it would cost 2300 bux! And I hear ups and downs of these tanks. The 50g im is 850us with the stand and still an all in one. Almost makes sense what do you guys think?

Fluval evo 13.5 becomes new frag and qt tank and go 50g ?
The way this started was buying a 25g lagoon to upgrade my frag system

Thanks for looking

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As to what tank to get, I would write out what you want from the tank, how you will light it, and how well does each take accomplish your goals. If two of them are equal, an easier way to pick between them is which is bigger (unless you don't want a bigger tank but I am going under the assumption that bigger is better).

As for the evo, you can keep the stock light for frags. It is a decent light especially at that size. I know people who keep sps under it.

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IM tanks are still some of my favorites, they're so well thought out.

To me, the 40 and 50 gallon would net you in the same/similar territory as to what you could keep, fish-wise. In that case, I'd always opt for the extra space and volume for water stability. The next logical step up would be 75-80 gallons both fish and equipment-wise.

I think the only additional consideration would be your lighting choices and budget (1 vs 2 AI Primes?).

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting a quote for the 50g lagoon and stand seems like a cool tank. I feel like length and width can be more useful than some height we will see. Things are very expensive here in Canada. For now today I bought a 10g tank and updated my 5gallon frag tank than realized after I took the stickers off that it was cracked. Yay me. Back to the store tomorrow it’s weird the 10 gallon will give more room for the fish in there but really as a frag tank seems useless. Because of the height

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the same deal from IM and bought the 50 Lagoon, great tank, glad I did. I'm at the end of the things(lights- 2 Radion XR15 blue gen 5) I need to get it up and running. The IM stand is top notch. I own 3 AI Prime 16HDs(1 on IM Nuvo 10, 2 on IM Nuvo 20 peninsula) great lights. I say buy the 50.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back