Innovative Marine Desktop Skimmer

fideladio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have a 20 gallons nano reef tank and I have an Innovative Marine Desktop Skimmer installed.

I suppose the skimmer is working properly but every now and then the bubbles over flow the cup. Does anybody knows how can I control this?

I've tried searching for answers online but very little information is available about this particular skimmer.

Also, the skimmer has a rubber band on the cup for it to adjusted to the height which is convenient to each own but I haven't found that sweet spot yet.

IMG-20200413-WA0122.jpeg

kevin_e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can skim wetter. When I empty my cup, there is always residue and gunk on top of the lid from where it seeps out of the holes from time to time.

OP
OP
F

fideladio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a water level adjustment?
On the cup itself, there is an outer rubber ring which I can lower or raise, don't know how can I skim wetter if the cup closest to the bubbles or further away

kevin_e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the cup itself, there is an outer rubber ring which I can lower or raise, don't know how can I skim wetter if the cup closest to the bubbles or further away

Can you share a picture?

kevin_e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I see now. You want to slide the cup lower into your skimmer body. Do this in every so minor adjustments. Like one roll of the rubber part at a time. You should get a wetter skim like this as less of a foam head will form. You have to be careful as you can easily overflow the cup.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back