Innovative marine ext 100 or 150

pauldio1482

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
20
Location
lancaster
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative marine ext100or 150 does anyone have one and would they recommend one?
 
I looked at them both and went for the 100. The 4' x 3' layout didn't make sense against the wall where I'm putting my tank. It all depends on your space. I'm also only 5'7", and worried about being able to get to the bottom in the back without a step stool.
 
I have a IM 50 and love, awesome tanks, i would go as big as you can!
 
I have a IM 50 and love, awesome tanks, i would go as big as you can!
Hello that 50 I’m you have is with sump I believe? I never had a sump yet. Till I buy my I’m 100-150 is it as easy to set up the pluming to sump as it looks in the I’m video??
 
I have a IM 50 and love, awesome tanks, i would go as big as you can!
Hello that 50 I’m you have is with sump I believe? I never had a sump yet. Till I buy my I’m 100-150 is it as easy to set up the pluming to sump as it looks in the I’m video??
Oh yea. My best bet is to purchase right from Innovative marine I would think just incase there are any issues.? You opinion means a lot since you have that im50
 
Oh yea. My best bet is to purchase right from Innovative marine I would think just incase there are any issues.? You opinion means a lot since you have that im50
I purchased through saltwateraquarium.com for about $100 in store credit / reward points and a free box of salt (there are other freebies you can select instead).
 
Oh yea. My best bet is to purchase right from Innovative marine I would think just incase there are any issues.? You opinion means a lot since you have that im50
I purchased through saltwateraquarium.com for about $100 in store credit / reward points and a free box of salt (there are other freebies you can select instead).
Humm interesting. Cause I do buy stuff from Mr saltwater I’m jumping on to check out the price and extra goodies thx up north 87👍
 
Oh yea. My best bet is to purchase right from Innovative marine I would think just incase there are any issues.? You opinion means a lot since you have that im50
I purchased through saltwateraquarium.com for about $100 in store credit / reward points and a free box of salt (there are other freebies you can select instead).
Do you grow LPs, sps or both and what lights you use?
 
Do you grow LPs, sps or both and what lights you use?
Both. I'm still waiting on my IM 100 to arrive, so I'm on a 40 breeder now. I have a Nicrew Hyperreef 150 Gen 2. I am very happy with it for the price, and I've made my own controller for it so it can do exactly what I want it to. I have a couple other people beta testing those controllers right now. For my 100, I budgeted for Radion XR30s, but I think I may go with Nicrews again. It'd be hard to give up my full control. We'll see!
 
Hello that 50 I’m you have is with sump I believe? I never had a sump yet. Till I buy my I’m 100-150 is it as easy to set up the pluming to sump as it looks in the I’m video??
It really is, yes mine has a sump. Super easy
 
That is the plan👍 by chance do you have an innovative marine?
I have their im25 lagoon AIO as a second office tank, but my main tank is a waterbox custom I had them make for me as at the time, they were running a special on their custom tank, and I was able to get it made to my exact specs like external overflow and eurobraced in the size I wanted, and it was pretty much the same price if I chose one of their premade models.

Only caveat was that I had to wait about 6 months from the time I ordered it to the time I received it at my driveway.
 
That is the plan👍 by chance do you have an innovative marine?
I have their im25 lagoon AIO as a second office tank, but my main tank is a waterbox custom I had them make for me as at the time, they were running a special on their custom tank, and I was able to get it made to my exact specs like external overflow and eurobraced in the size I wanted, and it was pretty much the same price if I chose one of their premade models.

Only caveat was that I had to wait about 6 months from the time I ordered it to the time I received it at my driveway.
Sweet! Yea I’m has a 4-6 month wait on ext 150 and I think 2-4 for ext100 I’m thinking on going with Dalua lower wattage and great warranty . Any recommendations as far as lighting? I do LPs but sps isn’t off the table down the rd anyway.
 
Hello that 50 I’m you have is with sump I believe? I never had a sump yet. Till I buy my I’m 100-150 is it as easy to set up the pluming to sump as it looks in the I’m video??
It really is, yes mine has a sump. Super easy
Thx for the reply what do you keep what lights protein skimmer etc.. just trying to get some ideas..
 
Thx for the reply what do you keep what lights protein skimmer etc.. just trying to get some ideas..
I use the red sea Reefer DC 900 Protein Skimmer- Red Sea with a controller. I use AI Hydra 64 HD x2 with the AI Signature Tony rogers setting. I have. one mp 40 on the back wall and one mp 10 on the side wall for flow. I have the red sea return pump.
 
Sweet! Yea I’m has a 4-6 month wait on ext 150 and I think 2-4 for ext100 I’m thinking on going with Dalua lower wattage and great warranty . Any recommendations as far as lighting? I do LPs but sps isn’t off the table down the rd anyway.
I have experience with Dalua, but have seen a lot of stores, coral shops, etc comment online about how good they are, so I’m sure they will do the job nicely.

I think all lights will most likely work, just find some that are aesthetically pleasing, produce light in the spectrum that catches your eye, ie white, overly saturated blues, or some mix in between, are hopefully quiet and easy to program.

I have Kessils because I like the shimmer they provide, but im not overly fond of the app. I also have experience with ai prime that I was running on my 25 gallon, and they were nice as well, it i really didnt like ai’s app.so far ive not seen any apps that are as easy to use as they should be.

So if you end up with the Daluas, let us know how they are.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new