Innovative Marine, FujiCube, or Waterbox Aquarium….?

dive2277

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine, FujiCube, or Waterbox Aquarium….?

I’ve had two IM AIO tanks, a 20 gallon and a 50 gallon lagoon and was very impressed with the design, quality and style. Also, the APS stands are in my opinion, the best on the market.

The only reason I’m looking at Fujicube and Waterbox Aquariums is that IM has started adding a huge surcharge for shipping $299 for 40 gallon or larger tanks… ‍ That is just absurd…!!!

FYI, I’m looking at external overflow with sump and AIO tanks…

IMG_0990.jpeg

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read some questionable reviews about Fiji and have seen only great things about waterbox, for whatever that pseudo research is worth to you

OP
OP
D

dive2277

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read some questionable reviews about Fiji and have seen only great things about waterbox, for whatever that pseudo research is worth to you
Yeah, I am a little skeptical about Fuji cube… thank you for the feedback.

Zissou Intern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just received a Fiji 76g EXT tank about two weeks ago. I too was skeptical of the company given some reviews I have seen. But I wanted a shallow lagoon tank, which limited my options. I would have ordered waterbox except they were out of stock for the stand color I wanted. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised. It arrived very well packaged and with non damage at all. One of the stand pieces was missing, but they Fedexed the piece with no trouble. The stand itself is much better than I expected. Yes, it is held together by cam bolts. But it has a very solid plywood construction and there is a decent poly finish on the wood. The tank seams are not perfect, but they are certainly good enough for me. The sump is great and I was able to upgrade to the next size for $60. Overall, I’m pleased. I’m planning to start a build thread with pics in the next few days.

liam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a brand new waterbox 4820 peninsula and to be quite honest the cabinet is horrendous.
The whole tank moves lengthways with the slightest touch, especially if the doors are open.Contacted waterbox and initially they tried to tell me I did not assemble the stand correctly.After I assured them that was not the case and sent them a video they told me I needed a re enforcement kit and they would send me one.They sent me a reinforcement kit that won't even fit my particular model and would do nothing to address the issue anyway.
I contacted them again and they said install what I could of the kit ,maybe it would help.
It has not helped, the doors could not be adjusted correctly, had to cut away the foam padding from the base of the tank to adjust the doors properly.one door is bowed.
Since the kit they sent did not address the issue and I have reached out back to waterbox they have stopped correspondence since they have no fix I presume.
The stand is constructed of 20mm extruded aluminum and does not give adequate support in my opinion.
I also find it strange there are no reviews anywhere for waterbox aquariums, none at BRS, saltwater aquarium or waterbox, only on the very small tanks.
Maybe this issue is isolated to the 4820 peninsula.

OP
OP
D

dive2277

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a Fiji 76g EXT tank about two weeks ago. I too was skeptical of the company given some reviews I have seen. But I wanted a shallow lagoon tank, which limited my options. I would have ordered waterbox except they were out of stock for the stand color I wanted. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised. It arrived very well packaged and with non damage at all. One of the stand pieces was missing, but they Fedexed the piece with no trouble. The stand itself is much better than I expected. Yes, it is held together by cam bolts. But it has a very solid plywood construction and there is a decent poly finish on the wood. The tank seams are not perfect, but they are certainly good enough for me. The sump is great and I was able to upgrade to the next size for $60. Overall, I’m pleased. I’m planning to start a build thread with pics in the next few days.
Thank you Zissou (hilarious name).
I am looking at the very same tank & I was curious, if I could upgrade the sump.

So, I will be following your upcoming posts closely. Thank you very much for your input, it is much appreciated.

OP
OP
D

dive2277

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a brand new waterbox 4820 peninsula and to be quite honest the cabinet is horrendous.
The whole tank moves lengthways with the slightest touch, especially if the doors are open.Contacted waterbox and initially they tried to tell me I did not assemble the stand correctly.After I assured them that was not the case and sent them a video they told me I needed a re enforcement kit and they would send me one.They sent me a reinforcement kit that won't even fit my particular model and would do nothing to address the issue anyway.
I contacted them again and they said install what I could of the kit ,maybe it would help.
It has not helped, the doors could not be adjusted correctly, had to cut away the foam padding from the base of the tank to adjust the doors properly.one door is bowed.
Since the kit they sent did not address the issue and I have reached out back to waterbox they have stopped correspondence since they have no fix I presume.
The stand is constructed of 20mm extruded aluminum and does not give adequate support in my opinion.
I also find it strange there are no reviews anywhere for waterbox aquariums, none at BRS, saltwater aquarium or waterbox, only on the very small tanks.
Maybe this issue is isolated to the 4820 peninsula.
Wow…! That is indeed disturbing…. I hope you don’t have small children, because that stand doesn’t seem very safe… Good luck and that you very much for this input. Please keep us posted, on your progress.

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with Fijicube was very disappointing. You can check out my build thread, where I documented everything that went wrong. I would advise you to avoid Fijicube.
This is my build thread:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/t...allon-shallow-internal-overflow-build.896682/

Check this thread as well:

Zissou Intern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Zissou (hilarious name).
I am looking at the very same tank & I was curious, if I could upgrade the sump.

So, I will be following your upcoming posts closely. Thank you very much for your input, it is much appreciated.

Thanks! Maybe this will motivate me to get the first post out sooner.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back