Innovative Marine, FujiCube, or Waterbox Aquarium….?

OP
OP
D

dive2277

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Maybe this will motivate me to get the first post out sooner.
What’s funny is…? I want other people to post their progress and present it for everybody else to learn from and experience… But then when it comes to what I’m doing, I just seem to want to get it done… I don’t know if I am a mixture of lazy and selfish or what…‍♂️. However, I will do better going forward.

OP
OP
D

dive2277

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with Fijicube was very disappointing. You can check out my build thread, where I documented everything that went wrong. I would advise you to avoid Fijicube.
This is my build thread:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/t...allon-shallow-internal-overflow-build.896682/

Check this thread as well:
Thank you so much for sharing this. Neither one of those tanks should’ve ever left the factory….!!! In my opinion, that is the biggest and most glaring concern!!!

That Fujicube’s manufacturing, quality control and pre-shipping inspection, would be that poor… ‍♂️

Of course, I’m not heartless to the fact that one mistake could happen with a tank inspection, and could fall through the cracks, but not two tanks!

Definitely not with the replacement tank to the same customer… it’s almost like they did it on purpose at that point. ‍♂️

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dive2277 I understand that little issues may occur, but having back-to-back issues is insane! The second tank I received was in an unacceptable condition. The silicone was poorly applied, the overflow box was not included, and the predrilled holes were too small. It looked like a defective tank that should have been discarded. I feel like they did not respect me as a customer or care about my satisfaction.

OP
OP
D

dive2277

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dive2277 I understand that little issues may occur, but having back-to-back issues is insane! The second tank I received was in an unacceptable condition. The silicone was poorly applied, the overflow box was not included, and the predrilled holes were too small. It looked like a defective tank that should have been discarded. I feel like they did not respect me as a customer or care about my satisfaction.
Wow…!!! That is incredible..! I think I can cross them off my list of considerations…

OP
OP
D

dive2277

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine, FujiCube, or Waterbox Aquarium….?

I’ve had two IM AIO tanks, a 20 gallon and a 50 gallon lagoon and was very impressed with the design, quality and style. Also, the APS stands are in my opinion, the best on the market.

The only reason I’m looking at Fujicube and Waterbox Aquariums is that IM has started adding a huge surcharge for shipping $299 for 40 gallon or larger tanks… ‍ That is just absurd…!!!

FYI, I’m looking at external overflow with sump and AIO tanks…

IMG_0990.jpeg
Of all the research i’ve done, considering the features, the quality, the design and style …. I’m still leaning toward innovative, marine. I guess I’ll just pay the extra $299 shipping surcharge, which is basically criminal… ‍♂️. Stupid California!!! lol

But which one? SR 80, 112 external lagoon or simple AIO 50 gallon lagoon….?

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked at the Nyos Opus G2 300? That is one sleek tank. I was considering the Opus G2 440. But I had been wanting a Glasscages for a long time, so I went with them instead. Soon I will be replacing my fijicube.

OP
OP
D

dive2277

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I looked up the Nyos Opus G2 300, they are nice sleek, they partially hide the plumbing… I just wish they were deeper than tall, I would want 24” deep and 16~18” tall…

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back