Innovative Marine INT 75 issue. Need help

Napoliandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I recently bought an Innovative Marine INT 75. I have been building the stand and sump and I just today put the tank on the stand. Now I have never had an internal overflow, but I wanted to give it a shot due to placement and it sticking out too much where I was placing it.
I inspected the tank upon receipt, but didn’t notice until I put it on the stand that there is a flaw in the seem of the back panel. I am attaching pictures to show you what I am talking about.
I contacted innovative marine, but they are closed right now. I emailed and left a voicemail.
Has anyone had an issue with their tanks and if you have had experience with their warranty dept?
I’m hoping that they will work with me, because as of right now, I’m really not comfortable with the tank as is. What I see is that the silicone is not to the edge of the glass like the front is.
Please give me your feedback on this issue I am having and your personal experience if you have had similar.
Thank you

DF3D7FE5-9C7A-4D96-A969-B6B23970198F.jpeg 9E609D7E-651C-446C-BD34-8679EC10EE6C.jpeg 534D3A9B-C58F-4C65-9D1B-8BEAAE062DAD.jpeg 29DFA3EA-8A15-4F9D-AC1B-EF1FDC1042DE.jpeg

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet if you peel that vinyl, you would see a LOT more of that. If your not happy and want to hassle with IM go for it.

I personally wouldn't worry. I had the same on a old waterbox AIO had. It was purely cosmetic.

Hypan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like the vinyl is just pushed into the seam there. On these tanks the silicone usually stops at the bevel. So there’s usually a little “v” where the panels meet. Peel it back and I bet the seam is even all the way up. Either way you will have to peel the vinyl to inspect. You may be able to see the depth of seam from the side. I would wager that if you took a credit card or something you could get the vinyl to ride in the seam all the way up.

OP
OP
Napoliandy

Napoliandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like the vinyl is just pushed into the seam there. Peel it back and I bet the seam is even all the way up. Either way you will have to peel the vinyl to inspect. You may be able to see the depth of seam from the side.
looks like the vinyl is just pushed into the seam there. Peel it back and I bet the seam is even all the way up. Either way you will have to peel the vinyl to inspect. You may be able to see the depth of seam from the side.
Wouldn’t that void the warranty. I’m afraid to do anything.

Hypan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are worried then just wait for IM to respond. They will let you know. That vinyl on the back isn’t structural or anything it’s just there for looks. It’s what makes the back of the tank black. They just stick it on at the factory. Just like vinyl decals on a car.

I would usually expect a small gap between the silicone seam and the vinyl, as the vinyl is put on at the factory they prob don’t run anything down the “v” between the panels to push it in. Could have happened moving the tank if someone’s hand was there or during manufacturing. I wouldn’t be able to judge the condition of the silicone seam by the outer appearance of the vinyl.

Last edited:

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are worried then just wait for IM to respond. They will let you know. That vinyl on the back isn’t structural or anything it’s just there for looks. It’s what makes the back of the tank black. They just stick it on at the factory. Just like vinyl decals on a car.
This.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back