Innovative Marine New Fusion 15 build

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been really curious about how well "micro" skimmers actually perform in AIOs. Have you had one since early on? Or is that a later addition? I'm also curious about the UV sterilizers for the AIOs.

I'd LOVE to be able to run a CO2 scrubber for the pH boost, but I'd rather avoid a skimmer if I can. One more (moderately expensive) piece of gear in an already cramped space. My nutrients are doing fine, though. I have the stock media caddy on the left with filter floss on the top, and until a couple of days ago GFO and carbon in the other two spots. I added the InTank Refugium caddy in the second chamber a little over a month ago (with the AI Blade Refugium light) and it's going great so I removed the GFO. Just yesterday I replaced the carbon with the "new" Maxspect Nano-tech Clear Cubes. I'm curious how those will perform. It would be really nice to not have to replace carbon every few weeks (the cubes are supposed to last a year in a tank twice the size of mine). The other side of the tank has the InTank filter floss holder (just replaced the sock), some rubble, and the heater.

Anyway, I'm eager to watch your tank progress!

Not OP, but I run the Bubble Magus MiniQ on my IM 15g, it works really well. Fits nicely in the 2nd slot. I had to use some foam to block microbubble from entering the evap chamber, though, just a heads up.

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the Tunze 9001 skimmer and it works surprisingly well. The skimmate is on the wetter side but serves its purpose.

I have the same issue with the MiniQ, although I have found if I run the water lower than they say, I get a thicker, darker skimmate. To be honest, I partially wanted it just to aerate the water (which it does - pH has stabalized).

Bob Boblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The noopsyche looks like a decent light but when it comes time to set it up it's super confusing haha, the v2 hopefully is better

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The noopsyche looks like a decent light but when it comes time to set it up it's super confusing haha, the v2 hopefully is better
It's really easy to set up, I was just never able to set it up one of the ways. I had to do the 2nd option and that's how I've had the few people I've helped set it up as well.

sal814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for the same thing a few weeks ago and I think I can help. People chimed in on my question with some cabinet(kitchen cabinet) options from Ikea that honestly probably would have worked and looked pretty good.….. I ended up going with the Maxspect Dice AIO stand from BRS though.
Hello,
I hope you are doing well. Would you happen to know the inside dimensions of this stand? I've been debating to order it, but not sure if my sump would fit. Thanks for your time and help with this, it's much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Sal

Hellyeah04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1671052277641.png

Hello, what coral is this? It's beautiful

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build, and I'd like to tag along!

I haven't had a saltwater tank of any kind since like 2017 or 2018, but I have the bug to setup a reef tank again. I am currently planning and assembling a 40 gallon DT and have been considering going even larger, like 60-80 gallons. However, I have a recently acquired IM Nuvo 15 that I had planned on using to upgrade my wife's low-tech, 6.8 gallon freshwater Betta fish planted tank. Side rant: I really wanted an IM Nuvo 20, but it bugs me to no end that they won't sell just the tank anymore. I don't need the kit, I just want the tank, so I ordered their 15 gallon AIO.

It has since occurred to me that this IM Nuvo 15 might be my ideal stepping stone back to a reef tank. I think I might as well start this 15 gallon as a reef tank, and if/when I outgrow it I have my 40 gallon, and if I outgrow the 40 maybe I'll consider purchasing the 60-80 I have my eye on.

Sorry to ramble, but I'm tagging along to see what can be done with an IM Nuvo 15! Good luck with your build!

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be using the Mightyjet 326. I'm thinking the dual nozzle will restrict it a little bit, which is fine because the 326 might be too strong, but will let me target multiple areas for better coverage.
I'm running a MJ326 with 1/4 inch dual random flow nozzles and it's the best setup I've had. Also have a Jeabo slw05 wavemaker set to run a few hrs a day mainly behind my rock work but in a 15 it really moves water.

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Great build, and I'd like to tag along!

I haven't had a saltwater tank of any kind since like 2017 or 2018, but I have the bug to setup a reef tank again. I am currently planning and assembling a 40 gallon DT and have been considering going even larger, like 60-80 gallons. However, I have a recently acquired IM Nuvo 15 that I had planned on using to upgrade my wife's low-tech, 6.8 gallon freshwater Betta fish planted tank. Side rant: I really wanted an IM Nuvo 20, but it bugs me to no end that they won't sell just the tank anymore. I don't need the kit, I just want the tank, so I ordered their 15 gallon AIO.

It has since occurred to me that this IM Nuvo 15 might be my ideal stepping stone back to a reef tank. I think I might as well start this 15 gallon as a reef tank, and if/when I outgrow it I have my 40 gallon, and if I outgrow the 40 maybe I'll consider purchasing the 60-80 I have my eye on.

Sorry to ramble, but I'm tagging along to see what can be done with an IM Nuvo 15! Good luck with your build!

The Nuvo 20 is a great little tank. I decked mine out to a ridiculous level before I upgraded . They used to sell just the tank for $199 at Marine Depot before they were bought out by BRS.

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nuvo 20 is a great little tank. I decked mine out to a ridiculous level before I upgraded . They used to sell just the tank for $199 at Marine Depot before they were bought out by BRS.
I know! They don't even sell the tanks on the IM site anymore. I think it's a shame, I wish they would offer the base tank as an option.

Thank you for the reply! Keep up the good work!

tonycawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recently got back into the hobby. Couldn't pass up such a sweet little tank at such a nice price. Went bare bottom with a dry rock start. Took a while for the initial cycle but everything is looking amazing. Loving the tank.
Screenshot_20230925_234407_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230925_234425_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230925_234436_Gallery.jpg

Current specs -
Pump: sycra silent 1.5
Skimmer: bubble magus nano
Light: AI prime 16 HD
Powerhead: nero 3
Heater: cobalt aquatics 100 watt
IM media basket replaced filter sock

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just recently got back into the hobby. Couldn't pass up such a sweet little tank at such a nice price. Went bare bottom with a dry rock start. Took a while for the initial cycle but everything is looking amazing. Loving the tank.
Screenshot_20230925_234407_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230925_234425_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230925_234436_Gallery.jpg

Current specs -
Pump: sycra silent 1.5
Skimmer: bubble magus nano
Light: AI prime 16 HD
Powerhead: nero 3
Heater: cobalt aquatics 100 watt
IM media basket replaced filter sock

Your tank looks great Tony!

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I just picked up a Kessil A360X a few days ago. The mount arrives today so i'll be switching over soon! I'll whip out my Par meter and do various measurements again.

1696354120425.png

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back