Innovative Marine NUVO Fusion Pro 2 40g Long AIO Build

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all, I've had a 90g FOWLR tank and a 40g breeder reef tank in the past but I've been out of the hobby for about 8 years now. My daughter (3 in January) has shown an interest in fish/corals for a while now so it's prompted me to jump back into the hobby and setup a tank for her and I to work on together.

My wife isn't a fan of the cube/square tanks so that swayed me to go with the IM 40L AIO.

The tank will be delivered on November 28th but I've been busy accumulating all my equipment in the mean time.

Equipment:
  • Tank - Innovative Marine 40G Long NUVO Fusion Pro 2 AIO
  • Stand - Innovative Marine White APS Stand
  • Light - 2 Aqua Illumination Prime 16HD lights
  • Pump - MightyJet 538 GPH DC Return Pump
  • Heater - Innovative Marine Helio 200 Watt PTC Smart Aquarium Heater
  • ATO/AWC - AutoAqua Smart Auto Water Changer Duo (this should automate water changes as well as handle Auto Top-Offs)
  • Skimmer - Tunze Comline DOC Skimmer 9004
  • Filtration - Innovative Marine Midsize CustomCaddy Media Basket
  • Power Head - Aqua Illumination Nero 3
  • Control - Neptune Apex with Temp and PH probes (got this for a deal I couldn't pass up)
  • Sand - AquaForest Bio Sand (33lbs)
  • Rock - AquaForest Rock Mix (44lbs)
  • Lid - Innovative Marine lid
  • Mixing Station - Brute trash can with MJ 1200 pump and heater to mix
Livestock:
  • Black Ice Bonded Pair of Clownfish
  • Wheeler Goby & Pistol Shrimp Bonded Pair
  • TBD (looking for a couple more peaceful fish)
Here's my only picture at the moment until the tank gets here and I can put it all together. Still waiting on a few more things that should arrive this week.

IMG_4895.jpg

william Lutman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I've had a 90g FOWLR tank and a 40g breeder reef tank in the past but I've been out of the hobby for about 8 years now. My daughter (3 in January) has shown an interest in fish/corals for a while now so it's prompted me to jump back into the hobby and setup a tank for her and I to work on together.

My wife isn't a fan of the cube/square tanks so that swayed me to go with the IM 40L AIO.

The tank will be delivered on November 28th but I've been busy accumulating all my equipment in the mean time.

Equipment:
  • Tank - Innovative Marine 40G Long NUVO Fusion Pro 2 AIO
  • Stand - Innovative Marine White APS Stand
  • Light - 2 Aqua Illumination Prime 16HD lights
  • Pump - MightyJet 538 GPH DC Return Pump
  • Heater - Innovative Marine Helio 200 Watt PTC Smart Aquarium Heater
  • ATO/AWC - AutoAqua Smart Auto Water Changer Duo (this should automate water changes as well as handle Auto Top-Offs)
  • Skimmer - Tunze Comline DOC Skimmer 9004
  • Filtration - Innovative Marine Midsize CustomCaddy Media Basket
  • Power Head - Aqua Illumination Nero 3
  • Control - Neptune Apex with Temp and PH probes (got this for a deal I couldn't pass up)
  • Sand - AquaForest Bio Sand (33lbs)
  • Rock - AquaForest Rock Mix (44lbs)
  • Lid - Innovative Marine lid
  • Mixing Station - Brute trash can with MJ 1200 pump and heater to mix
Livestock:
  • Black Ice Bonded Pair of Clownfish
  • Wheeler Goby & Pistol Shrimp Bonded Pair
  • TBD (looking for a couple more peaceful fish)
Here's my only picture at the moment until the tank gets here and I can put it all together. Still waiting on a few more things that should arrive this week.

IMG_4895.jpg
Looks like you are ready!

MenacerX686

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I am also in the process of getting everything for my IM 40L before I start cycling. I bought the Tunze Comline DOC Skimmer 9004 but I measured the rear sump and I don't think it fits. I haven't opened the box yet because I want to be able to return it to BRS without being charged their open box restocking fee. Could you confirm? Thanks.

OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome! I am also in the process of getting everything for my IM 40L before I start cycling. I bought the Tunze Comline DOC Skimmer 9004 but I measured the rear sump and I don't think it fits. I haven't opened the box yet because I want to be able to return it to BRS without being charged their open box restocking fee. Could you confirm? Thanks.
I can confirm when my tank arrives but based on my research it should fit.

I believe the rear sump is the same size as the 30L tank and I've seen people use the Tunze 9004 in that tank.

I don't think it'll work in the return pump section though, not without changing the pump or the way its plumbed. I think it has to go in one of the overflow sections so you wont be able to use the filter sock and media rack at the same time.

MenacerX686

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can confirm when my tank arrives but based on my research it should fit.

I believe the rear sump is the same size as the 30L tank and I've seen people use the Tunze 9004 in that tank.

I don't think it'll work in the return pump section though, not without changing the pump or the way its plumbed. I think it has to go in one of the overflow sections so you wont be able to use the filter sock and media rack at the same time.
Thanks. I'll continue to follow your build. Best of luck. I already have the tank and stand. Currently playing around with the aquascape using AquaForest Rock Mix too.

OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks. I'll continue to follow your build. Best of luck. I already have the tank and stand. Currently playing around with the aquascape using AquaForest Rock Mix too.
Good luck with yours as well. I'd be interested to see some pictures of what you came up with using the AquaForest rock.

OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last edited:

MenacerX686

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MenacerX686 I finally got the tank this week and was able to test fit the skimmer. It only fits in either of the overflow sections of the tank.
pic1.jpg
Thank you for the update! Here's my aquascape with the AF rocks. I only used about 25 of the 40 pounds. Used all the arches but couldn't figure out how to use the flats other than as a base to add height. I don't like the shelf look so it would've been nice to have bigger boulder shape pieces to stack or reshape. I'm still figuring out how to use more rocks without taking too much surface for sand and swim space. Might leave it the way it is as seen in the second image.

Attachments

• 20221127_201235.jpg
    20221127_201235.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 20221204_132639.jpg
    20221204_132639.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 222
OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the update! Here's my aquascape with the AF rocks. I only used about 25 of the 40 pounds. Used all the arches but couldn't figure out how to use the flats other than as a base to add height. I don't like the shelf look so it would've been nice to have bigger boulder shape pieces to stack or reshape. I'm still figuring out how to use more rocks without taking too much surface for sand and swim space. Might leave it the way it is as seen in the second image.
I’m in the same boat, trying to figure out my aquascape. Here’s what I’ve got so far but it seems too crowded. I didn’t use all 40lbs either.

2B5D0267-8293-4AA7-9025-BD44A0EEA4C0.jpeg

Back