Innovative Marine NUVO Fusion Pro 2 40g Long AIO Build

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral2.jpg

I started adding a few coral frags this past week. Mostly focusing on zoa's at this point but grabbing new frags has been pretty exciting.
coral looks great!!

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows that AutoAqua AWC treating you? Looking to get for the IM 25g Lagoon set-up Im about to start... Which rear chamber do you have the dirty salt return pump in? Mind sending a pic that also shows your 2 optical level placement?

OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hows that AutoAqua AWC treating you? Looking to get for the IM 25g Lagoon set-up Im about to start... Which rear chamber do you have the dirty salt return pump in? Mind sending a pic that also shows your 2 optical level placement?
It's decent but doesn't really work as good in the aio setup. Because the sensors are in the "sump" portion of the aio the sensor to drain (yellow) is actually higher than the normal level sensor (blue) so even when it drains 4ish gallons the water level is still higher than the normal level sensor (blue). So it doesn't really work for re-filling the 4ish gallons it drained out. It works great as a ato and when draining the dirty water but I still have to add the new water manually.

For $200ish on sale its probably worth it but not for full price, at least not for a aio tank.

I have the water pump in the same chamber as the return pump (middle). Here's a picture of how I have it setup.

pic.jpg

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's decent but doesn't really work as good in the aio setup. Because the sensors are in the "sump" portion of the aio the sensor to drain (yellow) is actually higher than the normal level sensor (blue) so even when it drains 4ish gallons the water level is still higher than the normal level sensor (blue). So it doesn't really work for re-filling the 4ish gallons it drained out. It works great as a ato and when draining the dirty water but I still have to add the new water manually.

For $200ish on sale its probably worth it but not for full price, at least not for a aio tank.

I have the water pump in the same chamber as the return pump (middle). Here's a picture of how I have it setup.

pic.jpg

Well thats not what I wanted to hear! LOL... Im on a mission for a fully automated system and this was a key element... I confuse myself the more I look into this for an AIO tank... Even seeing your photo I would assume the Drain Sensor should be much lower than the ATO sensor and not the way you have it?

OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well thats not what I wanted to hear! LOL... Im on a mission for a fully automated system and this was a key element... I confuse myself the more I look into this for an AIO tank... Even seeing your photo I would assume the Drain Sensor should be much lower than the ATO sensor and not the way you have it?
Yeah, I was really hoping for a fully automated system as well. In a standard sump setup the drain sensor would be below the ato sensor and it could drain then refill the way its supposed to work.

The problem with the aio is when you turn the return pump off the back chambers fill with more water from the display. If the drain sensor was lower than the ato sensor it would drain more water from the back chambers than it would add back in.

You could possibly get away with putting the drain sensor lower than the ato sensor but above the return pump and try running the process without shutting off the return pump but this is the first I've really thought of trying it.

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was really hoping for a fully automated system as well. In a standard sump setup the drain sensor would be below the ato sensor and it could drain then refill the way its supposed to work.

The problem with the aio is when you turn the return pump off the back chambers fill with more water from the display. If the drain sensor was lower than the ato sensor it would drain more water from the back chambers than it would add back in.

You could possibly get away with putting the drain sensor lower than the ato sensor but above the return pump and try running the process without shutting off the return pump but this is the first I've really thought of trying it.

Yeah that was my thinking... Just doing smaller / more / daily / weekly water changes as opposed to fewer larger ones... Even like a 1/4 gallon daily would still turn out to be about 30-40% monthly on my 25gal. Which would be MUCH more than I would end up doing manually.

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey... Did you end up rearranging those sensors or you just going to run as is?

The AWC isnt on sale anymore and out of stock on BulkReef... Wondering if they are going to launch a gen 2 like they have been with their top off systems.

OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey hey... Did you end up rearranging those sensors or you just going to run as is?

The AWC isnt on sale anymore and out of stock on BulkReef... Wondering if they are going to launch a gen 2 like they have been with their top off systems.
Sorry, just saw this. I just left the sensors where I had them originally.

Blopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that is an insanely clean cabinet you've got there. The IM AIO reservoir seems pricey, but if it doesn't look good, sheesh.

Really interested to hear your thoughts on the skimmer. I'm setting up a 40L as well and have had a really tough time choosing a skimmer. Wanted to go BubbleMagus, but it seems underpowered for the tank.

OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, that is an insanely clean cabinet you've got there. The IM AIO reservoir seems pricey, but if it doesn't look good, sheesh.

Really interested to hear your thoughts on the skimmer. I'm setting up a 40L as well and have had a really tough time choosing a skimmer. Wanted to go BubbleMagus, but it seems underpowered for the tank.
Thanks! I really tried to plan it out to keep it clean/organized. I ended up getting the IM reservoir for around $100 and had some rewards from saltwateraquarium.com so it was pretty close to free.

So far so good on the skimmer, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well its been doing so far. However, I only have 3 small fish, a pistol shrimp, CUC, a handful of coral frags, and do weekly 3-4 gallon water changes so I don't know how it'd do on anything more heavily stocked or with less weekly maintenance.

AUTOAQUA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

pic.jpg
Hi~ This is Autoaqua and it is our pleasure that you love our product.
We are really interesting in your product setting and we have some suggestion for you~ :)

First, Our AWC product is recommend for "less water amount, more frequency for water changing". It is especially good for small tank, especially AIO. Less water amount exchanging can reduce the unstable factor occurs and let the aquarium more stable.

Second, we suggest not to turn off the return pump. Besides, we still recommend to put our green sensor (drain sensor) lower than the blue one (ATO sensor). *Please note: the sensors all need to be higher than return pump.*

Third, if you prefer water changing for large water amount, we suggest you to separate the water amount into each day or hour. For example, if you used to water change 20L per week, then we suggest you to set water exchange 3L per day. It is as same as 20L per week.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any question or need any help~
It is our pleasure to have product discussion with our customers. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How's the tank coming along?
I didn't realize how long its been since I've updated this thread.

The tanks had it's ups and downs over this year but it's been going good for the most part. I tried to add a few more fish (2 purple firefish) after the 2 clowns and the goby/pistol shrimp but didn't have much luck, they lasted about a week before losing them. I'm not sure what happened but my guess is the clownfish picked at.

So, from a livestock perspective I just have the 2 clowns, goby/pistol shrimp and cleanup crew (snails/hermits).

I've had some ups and downs with corals as well, at least until I invested in a Par Meter and started measuring my lights. Even since then everything has been doing great.

From an equipment perspective I haven't changed much. I added a second AI Nero 3, got a Par Meter, and recently added the IM manual fleece roller (I've only had it a few weeks but it beats cleaning filter socks). I ordered another AI Prime 16 HD while they were on sale last week in preparation for a clam or two as well as some higher PAR corals.

Here's a current tank shot, it's hard to get a good picture without filtering out the blue:

tank2.jpg

OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ended up adding a 3rd AI Prime 16 HD light last week and acclimating everything to the increased intensity now. The light came with some freebie orange glasses which I've been using to get some better pictures.

11-15-23 (1).jpg
11-15-23 (2).jpg
11-15-23 (3).jpg
11-15-23 (4).jpg
11-15-23 (5).jpg
11-15-23 (6).jpg
11-15-23 (7).jpg
11-15-23 (8).jpg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up adding a 3rd AI Prime 16 HD light last week and acclimating everything to the increased intensity now. The light came with some freebie orange glasses which I've been using to get some better pictures.

11-15-23 (1).jpg
11-15-23 (2).jpg
11-15-23 (3).jpg
11-15-23 (4).jpg
11-15-23 (5).jpg
11-15-23 (6).jpg
11-15-23 (7).jpg
11-15-23 (8).jpg
Coral look great under those new lights!

AgentCartwright

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank! I used to have 180g mixed reef and looking to get back into the hobby. Really liking the NUVO 40L AIO.

Did you end up using two of the MightyJet pumps or keep it to one?

OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice looking tank! I used to have 180g mixed reef and looking to get back into the hobby. Really liking the NUVO 40L AIO.

Did you end up using two of the MightyJet pumps or keep it to one?
Thanks! it's been a great tank so far. I had a 90g back in the day and this was my jump back into the hobby as well.

I'm still using the single pump the tank came with, I've thought about swapping to two over the past year so I could move my skimmer to the return section but it was never a priority.

OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't updated in a few months so figured it was about time.

Around the end of November I ordered some new corals/frags from Top Shelf Aquatics (they're local to me).

tank 11-20-20 (1).jpg

A little before/not long after that I had a hair algae outbreak that had me pretty worried it was going to take over. I started manually removing the algae daily by hand/toothbrush as well as re-stocked my clean up crew. It took a couple months of daily maintenance but it's pretty much all gone and the CUC should keep it maintained.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back