OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After not adding any corals/livestock since the end of November I had the urge to add something new. I opted for a 8-pack of rock flow anemone's. They arrived last week and have been in the tank for a week now, I think they're mostly settled in as they haven't moved much since I placed them last week. Here's a few current tank shots with the RFA's.

tank 2-28-24 (1).jpg
tank 2-28-24 (2).jpg

Blopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After not adding any corals/livestock since the end of November I had the urge to add something new. I opted for a 8-pack of rock flow anemone's. They arrived last week and have been in the tank for a week now, I think they're mostly settled in as they haven't moved much since I placed them last week. Here's a few current tank shots with the RFA's.

tank 2-28-24 (1).jpg
tank 2-28-24 (2).jpg
Tank is looking good!

Good choice. RFAs are some of my favorites. I want a few more even and I already have 11 bahaha.

OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank looks great, love the RFA additions.
Thanks! I'm loving them too so far.
Tank is looking good!

Good choice. RFAs are some of my favorites. I want a few more even and I already have 11 bahaha.
Thanks! I'm becoming a fan of them, will probably add more at some point. I'm going to try to hit up Reefapalooza Orlando in April so maybe that'll be my next batch.
Oo, I like that yellow disk RFA!
Thanks! That's my favorite at the moment too. I have 3 Orange/reddish ones in there that might look pretty cool, however, I cant really tell because they decided to stay out of the light in the rocks.

DartTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, thank you for this build thread! I have the same tank currently on the way.

I see you've made many changes to lights and gear, but would love to ask, how do you like the aquascape? If you could do it again, anything you would change/rearrange?

OP
OP
slowwrx137

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First off, thank you for this build thread! I have the same tank currently on the way.

I see you've made many changes to lights and gear, but would love to ask, how do you like the aquascape? If you could do it again, anything you would change/rearrange?
I really struggled with the aquascape when setting up the tank and I've never really loved it. Not sure if its still the norm or not but historically it was recommended to do 1lb of rock per gallon but 40lbs was way too much so I tried to use as much as possible which I think makes it look a bit too crowded/full.

If I were to do it again I would probably use even less rock than I did and rearrange in a better way. A couple of the rock flower anemone's moved to the back of the rocks recently so they're hard to see now. Ideally I would have it setup in a way that I could see both sides of the rocks so I'm not only trying to put corals on the front (this seems like it'd be a major benefit of a peninsula tank).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back