innovative marine skimmer

Mattyice008

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
646
Reaction score
95
Location
Gainesville, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 16 gal nuvo and I just hooked up the skimmer yesterday. Finally got it figured out, used the brackets from the stock lights (I'm using my own fixture) to raise the skimmer up. But I'm noticing a LOT of micro bubbles floating in the tank now. I read somewhere that microbubbled will last for 7-14 days. Anyone else have experience with the skimmer and have this problem? It's the desktop skimmer for 100$ that goes with the 16
 
I never really noticed a problem with micro bubbles but did call the cust srvc number because the outlet of my pump was the " old design " and would fill cup with water no mater how much I adjusted the skimmer. Even though I got this from a fellow reefer they sent me a replacement for free and were very helpful with adjusting skimmer etc. I would call them they are great to deal with.
 
Around 6-7 days the micro bubbles stopped and the skimmer is working great. Only thing I hate now is after I put some food in the tank the skimmer freaks out again. Working on place to throw some chaeto in the back now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new