Input on skimmer for waterbox 25 peninsula

FishRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone had suggestions or feed back on skimmers that would fit in the back of my waterbox 25. The ones that I’m finding have lots of mixed reviews so don’t really know what to go with.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a WB 20 cube so almost the same volume. I've decided to not go with a skimmer. I do regular 15% water changes every week and I find this to be sufficient. It's one of the huge benefits of a nano tank that water changes are so quick and easy. I think it takes me less than 15 minutes start to finish.
Just something to consider.

OP
OP
FishRN

FishRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a WB 20 cube so almost the same volume. I've decided to not go with a skimmer. I do regular 15% water changes every week and I find this to be sufficient. It's one of the huge benefits of a nano tank that water changes are so quick and easy. I think it takes me less than 15 minutes start to finish.
Just something to consider.
I’m doing regular water changes pretty much on the same schedule. One of the main reasons I was looking into one was the added benefits of it raising my ph via better gas exchange. The only parameter I can’t get dialed in is my Ph.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood, I'm having a similar issue with PH. It just sits at 7.8 no matter what. I'm considering Kalkwasser to deal with this.
I dunno, I imagine most people run skimmers on their nanos but for me it's added expense and complexity I don't think I need.

AvoidTheNoid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run an Aquamaxx NF-1 in my WB Peninsula 25 center chamber and it works like a champ. Not pretty since it's clear and white acrylic, but it's very quiet, efficient and with the air intake plumbed to outside air, my pH is 8.2 without any buffering. The water adjustment is also super easy because it is adjusted internally so is not dependent on outside water height. I'm very happy with this setup

OP
OP
FishRN

FishRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run an Aquamaxx NF-1 in my WB Peninsula 25 center chamber and it works like a champ. Not pretty since it's clear and white acrylic, but it's very quiet, efficient and with the air intake plumbed to outside air, my pH is 8.2 without any buffering. The water adjustment is also super easy because it is adjusted internally so is not dependent on outside water height. I'm very happy with this setup
Thanks I’ll look into that one

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture of this on how you fit it in the middle chamber?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back