input on tek light height and bulbs

lumbeejerk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2012
Messages
449
Reaction score
43
Location
pembroke
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 bulb tek light like to figure the proper height and length of time to run them each day. I have a4 blue+ and coral+and a purple + my tank is 27" deep
 
8-12" off the water would be fine. 8-12 hours a day, your choice.
 
agreed with reefing mad.

i run my t5's about 9 inches off the water. i run my blue lights for 9 hours and my white lights for 6. some do more then that like 12 and 10 or something like that but i mainly have lps and dont really care if the corals in my display grow crazy. in fact the lights dont even turn on until 2:00 in afternoon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new