Insane Inventions I Want

DK450reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. A spinning attachment to my water change siphon to stir up sand and break up the occasional cyano to better suck up crud.

2. A Roomba-ish submersible for the front glass that I can program to do a daily squeegee on the inside surface daily.

3. A programmed saltwater-proof submersible laser that can zap Aiptasia. I mean, watch How It’s Made and see those devices that blow out the black corn kernals in micro-seconds. Why can’t I have an Aiptasia canon?

4. An aquarium controller powering all devices by way of a Tesla coil so that I don’t have the Flying Spaghetti Monster of cables any longer. Now, no cables at all!

5. A third plumbing line, so that I get pre-mixed saltwater from a faucet that works like those faucets for filling pots on your oven. This one seems doable if I mixed saltwater in my daughter’s upstairs bedroom. Why does she need two closets?!?
All are some great posts. How about WiFi that never drops out ? When can we get that

ErehwoN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kill aiptasia in my tank with a burning laser currently. I zap them at night through the glass. I know people say it will only spread them but in my experience it works well. There's always 1 or 2 you don't see that manage to release spores but the spread to me is no worse than any other method. I typically zap 3-4 very tiny ones a week.

PLEASE tell me about this "burning laser". I'm assuming it's more than just a laser pointer??

Thanks,

Jim

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PLEASE tell me about this "burning laser". I'm assuming it's more than just a laser pointer??

Thanks,

Jim
Actually it is just considered a laser pointer. It's just a fairly powerful one. (4w) You'd also need a pair of laser safety glasses rated for the particular wavelength of laser you're using. They're definitely not toys. It's basically the same type of laser the Antifa jerks are using to try to blind random people with in Seattle.

MillennialReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something like the TOM Rapids discontinued filter/sump skimmer ATO combo, but of much higher quality. That would change the industry in so many ways. Imagine just buying a standard glass tank and then just plugging the filter in and it just starts. without having to tweek or adjust anything.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically an aquarium Rosey.

Cartoon Vintage GIF

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kill aiptasia in my tank with a burning laser currently. I zap them at night through the glass. I know people say it will only spread them but in my experience it works well. There's always 1 or 2 you don't see that manage to release spores but the spread to me is no worse than any other method. I typically zap 3-4 very tiny ones a week.

I've been using one to kill aiptasia and eradicate GSP. Works great..

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. A spinning attachment to my water change siphon to stir up sand and break up the occasional cyano to better suck up crud.

2. A Roomba-ish submersible for the front glass that I can program to do a daily squeegee on the inside surface daily.

3. A programmed saltwater-proof submersible laser that can zap Aiptasia. I mean, watch How It’s Made and see those devices that blow out the black corn kernals in micro-seconds. Why can’t I have an Aiptasia canon?

4. An aquarium controller powering all devices by way of a Tesla coil so that I don’t have the Flying Spaghetti Monster of cables any longer. Now, no cables at all!

5. A third plumbing line, so that I get pre-mixed saltwater from a faucet that works like those faucets for filling pots on your oven. This one seems doable if I mixed saltwater in my daughter’s upstairs bedroom. Why does she need two closets?!?

#2 already exists. Robot snail or something.

OP
OP
KenRexford

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been looking for a long flexible yet stiff rod tooth brush to scrub the rocks. Nice thought.
My wife suggests skipping the tooth brush to scrub the rocks. Otherwise, she agrees — nice thought.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 11.1%
Back