OP
OP
five O

five O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on Matt!!!! Make Jimmy sign up over here one of you 2 gotta keep this thread rolling we got more than 5 members on r2r lol.... Let's get some updates!!!!:tongue: show em how we roll in Vegas!!!!! Haha

We had some goodies arrive today via UPS. I'm just waiting for the weekend. I work swings and just dont have much free time during the week. I think this weekend were going to tackle the water station. I'll have plenty of good picts in the next few days and keep you posted.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:waaaht:Wow! Definitely following along with this one. I can only dream about putting a tank that big in my house. You guys in Vegas are nutz!

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg vegas is in the building that tank is crazy I thought my buddies 300 marineland cube was crazy but this one takes the cake great lookin thread and I can probably speak for everyone on here when I say Thank You for takeing the initative of creating a thread for your buddy

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy! I cant beleive that someone is going to take this on, it needs a name all to itself since its huge! Call it the Abyss or something......:bigsmile:

OP
OP
five O

five O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg vegas is in the building that tank is crazy I thought my buddies 300 marineland cube was crazy but this one takes the cake great lookin thread and I can probably speak for everyone on here when I say Thank You for takeing the initative of creating a thread for your buddy

It was a project that we both took on. My buddy (Jimmy) eats, sleeps and lives fish tanks, just as I do. I have the skills the to pretty much build anything. Jimmy is still learning about the building aspect. He has been in the garage helping through out the build, lending his help when ever possible. It's not like he just gave me a blank check, though I do have a huge influence on what is purchased, and the design of the tank. Jimmy does have a job/business which allows him to take on a project like this. Together it works out pretty good. I love building reef items, and he loves buying reefing items/coral/fish. Togther it should result in heck of a cube.

OP
OP
five O

five O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy! I cant beleive that someone is going to take this on, it needs a name all to itself since its huge! Call it the Abyss or something......:bigsmile:

No kidding, the pictures do it no justice either. This tank is huge!!!!

OP
OP
five O

five O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing is gonna be sweet! If it was me I would hate to have to aquascape that sucker though.;)

Its going to be a PITA, we dont want it to look like a rock pile. Were going to bond most of the rock together to avoid rock slides since access to the tanks interior will be via a reaching stick. We still have a few weeks till we have to worry about that though. We have about 500lbs of live rock on hand.

Julius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be absolutely amazing! i can't wait to see more. The stand and rack ,are like pieces of art themselves! Love the color on that rack too. Frickin sick.

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is definitely a build for the ages...can't wait to see how this one turns out. I am loving that ferrari red on that stand..sweet touch.

gofor100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll be interesting to see how you guys get sufficient flow in all areas of a tank with those dimensions without a bunch of powerheads all over... considering closed loop?

Looks like this will be FUN!

-Chad

OP
OP
five O

five O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The heart (Hammerhead) of the system arrived, and her proud owner. I don't think Jimmy's smile was as big when he brought his son home from the hospital. No more pict's with us incluced. Promise.
pump-1.jpg

OP
OP
five O

five O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll be interesting to see how you guys get sufficient flow in all areas of a tank with those dimensions without a bunch of powerheads all over... considering closed loop?

Looks like this will be FUN!

-Chad

Were going to try to get flow from 2 korilla 8's attached to the center overflow. Going to try to get a whirlpool effect in the tank. We'll fill it with fresh water first and see what happens. Nothing is set in stone as far the the flow though.

JimmyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. Just got the korallin calcium reactor in, ordered the Apex controller, maaaan this is one fun project!!! Thanks Matt for making this thread brother. Reefkoi. are you still selling coral? Or just lights now brother? Lee I hope all is good brother. Going to try with the acros in this tank. I think I will finally be able to do sticks =)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back