Inside info on Radions?

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone hear any rumors about whether or not Radions will be going on sale any time soon? Any new Radion versions expected in the near future?
I'm thinking of buying 3 for a new tank build, but I'm willing to be very patient if need be to save some dough on these very expensive lights. I also would hate to buy them now at full price only to find out they're coming out with a new version soon.
Just curious if anyone has heard anything

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EcoTech is one of the MAP manufacturers, so their products rarely go on sale and even when the stores do an “everything is 10% off” sale there’s an asterisk that says “Except for MAP products”.

However, the MAP manufacturers often do have sales on major holidays and usually they just appear for the day (or occasionally the whole weekend) of the holiday with little advance warning.

I did see one email earlier today that some of the MAP manufacturers were putting their products on sale for Father’s Day. That’s not such a big holiday, so I’m not sure that everyone will be, but I would definitely check prices on Sunday to see if the lights you want are on sale.

After that, July 4th would be the next possibility and then Labor Day. If you can wait long enough they will almost certainly go on sale for Black Friday... almost everyone has some sort of a sale then, but that’s a long wait. You may get lucky with one of the holidays before that.

Also, if you’re not against used lights, Radions frequently appear in the For Sale section here... often with fairly little use. So you might want to check there as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back