Installing the 150 GPD Water Saver Upgrade Kit | BRStv How-To

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Wednesday is here and with that, we have another How-To installment! :) Today, I show you how to increase your water production and decrease your waste water by installing the BRS 150 GPD Water Saver Upgrade Kit!

Thanks for watching! ;)

Mirya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume I can install this upgrade on any RODI unit, even if it isn't a BRS one? I have a Buckeye Hydro unit. I run a booster pump already and have nice low TDS in my tap water (<100).

LittleMaui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I enjoy these videos, this one feels like a big up-sale opportunity. The video walks through the setup process, but this item and this item and this item can help. Great sales opportunity.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so @randyBRS i have a 100 GPD membrane in my unit and I'm pushing 80psi through it... if i add this kit, will the difference in membranes cause any issues?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume I can install this upgrade on any RODI unit, even if it isn't a BRS one? I have a Buckeye Hydro unit. I run a booster pump already and have nice low TDS in my tap water (<100).

Most RODI manufacturer's use the same fittings, same housings and same filters so in most cases it's not a problem at all. The most important thing to check would be the rating on your existing RO membrane, to make sure it is a 75GPD and matches the 75GPD membrane that we include in the upgrade kit. :) If it is a match, then you shouldn't have to worry about changing flow restrictors or getting another 75GPD membrane.

-Randy

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I enjoy these videos, this one feels like a big up-sale opportunity. The video walks through the setup process, but this item and this item and this item can help. Great sales opportunity.

This is GREAT feedback! The intention of these videos are to teach you how to use the gear you bought or are considering to buy. I definitely don't want to come off as an in-your-face sales pitch, so I will use feedback like this for sure! :)

Thanks and thank you for watching! ;)

-Randy

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so @randyBRS i have a 100 GPD membrane in my unit and I'm pushing 80psi through it... if i add this kit, will the difference in membranes cause any issues?

Hey Nick!

Yes, the difference between the two membrane ratings can change your final TDS outpu and water pressure. Right now, you have a larger diameter flow restrictor to match your 100GPD membrane. The 75GPD membrane requires more back pressure from a smaller diameter restrictor to force the water molecules through the membranes and provide you with a better rejection rate. Using the larger diameter restictor on a 75GPD membrane will end up allowing more water out of the waste line. That is water that could have been filtered further and create more product water. :)

For your situation, I would recommend switching your existing membrane to another 75GPD (which means you may also have to change the flow restrictor), or you could run two 100GPD membranes in series.

-Randy

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Nick!

Yes, the difference between the two membrane ratings can change your final TDS outpu and water pressure. Right now, you have a larger diameter flow restrictor to match your 100GPD membrane. The 75GPD membrane requires more back pressure from a smaller diameter restrictor to force the water molecules through the membranes and provide you with a better rejection rate. Using the larger diameter restictor on a 75GPD membrane will end up allowing more water out of the waste line. That is water that could have been filtered further and create more product water. :)

For your situation, I would recommend switching your existing membrane to another 75GPD (which means you may also have to change the flow restrictor), or you could run two 100GPD membranes in series.

-Randy
Well ya could've just said yes lol going all Bill Nye on me. I'm just a DAT, you know this brotha! I just replaced the 100 gpd not too long ago too. I'm gonna need a 2 for 1 sale! Please :)

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well ya could've just said yes lol going all Bill Nye on me. I'm just a DAT, you know this brotha! I just replaced the 100 gpd not too long ago too. I'm gonna need a 2 for 1 sale! Please :)

:D Haha! Sorry, it gets a bit nerdy around here when we talk about this stuff! :)

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D Haha! Sorry, it gets a bit nerdy around here when we talk about this stuff! :)
Hahaha I figured as much. No worries brother, I just ran it through my interpreter and was good to go. Still waiting on that buy 1 get 1 on membranes! :)

Mirya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, the video says that the kit includes a fitting that combines 2 water lines, but the full details on the product page don't mention it. I just received my upgrade kit this week, and it didn't include the tube divider. Was it supposed to be included or do I need to purchase it separately?

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed this a couple of months ago. I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. My production almost doubled. Way less waste water. I'm going to recomend this as it was easy to retro fit and will save money in the long run.

lariat8099

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How should this be installed Maxxima RO DI set up? See photo. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

4369d781341f03afb368ecca00274950.jpg
4369d781341f03afb368ecca00274950.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back