Instant Ocean

Dr4gula.f32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was one of the first to place a Petco order and I've since gotten an email saying they are having supply issues and my order is now on hold.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was one of the first to place a Petco order and I've since gotten an email saying they are having supply issues and my order is now on hold.
Try Chewy, I just reveived QTY 16 - 50 gallon bags free delivery and $12.00 per bag. I received them in NC in 48 hours

Rhodes87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up to advise that there will be a "substantial price increase" of Instant Ocean and Reef Crystal salt prices effective Jan 15, 2023.
Time to stock up now !!
Thanks. I was just about to get a bucket. Looks like I'll be getting 2 or 3 at least. I bought a 200 gal box from my LFS a few weeks ago and it was $80+.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up. Was in my last bucket of IO and just picked up two from Petco.

NormanB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bucket arrived and the packaging has a slight change, or it's new to me. I haven't gotten the 160g in about a year, so you can imagine my surprise when I opened the door and low and behold...the handle is now all plastic!

When did this happen? From the looks of it, I don't expect it to last anywhere near as long as the metal hoop did. The hand grip is improved in my opinion as it's shaped a bit better, but the plastic pin that fits to the bucket seems like a weak point.

I have metal handle buckets that are 15 years old or more and still going strong. Probable not gonna happen now.

Just my .02

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bucket arrived and the packaging has a slight change, or it's new to me. I haven't gotten the 160g in about a year, so you can imagine my surprise when I opened the door and low and behold...the handle is now all plastic!

When did this happen? From the looks of it, I don't expect it to last anywhere near as long as the metal hoop did. The hand grip is improved in my opinion as it's shaped a bit better, but the plastic pin that fits to the bucket seems like a weak point.

I have metal handle buckets that are 15 years old or more and still going strong. Probable not gonna happen now.

Just my .02
I noticed the same thing, agree hand feel is better, but also suspect on the durability of the plastic replacing the metal.

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad i ordered 4 buckets with no extra charge. from amazon

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up to advise that there will be a "substantial price increase" of Instant Ocean and Reef Crystal salt prices effective Jan 15, 2023.
Time to stock up now !!
I just bought four 5 gallon buckets from petco at $37 a piece. I should be good for most of the year. Thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Does anyone know how much the price is going up to?
Dont quote me but im hearing $4-6 to current pricing but we will know in a week

Back