Instructions for Versa / Mobius App?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. I just started working with my Versa 4 pack, and am having a bit of trouble getting comfortable with how to control the pumps through the Mobius App. I’m not sure I understand ”Scenes” and then how control the dosing schedules of “manual“ “auto“ and “constant”.

I’d appreciate any help, and thanks in ad

Africangrey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say I am having trouble understand the app which was half baked at best.

Alex1Young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend referencing the video link below for more information on how to create scenes and control your Versas.

OP
OP
M

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend referencing the video link below for more information on how to create scenes and control your Versas.

Thanks @Alex1Young the video was very helpful, and I have a better sense of the different modes (wish this was on the website). One question that the video didn't answer is what are "scenes" and what are they used for?

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad there are no alerts or alarms for when one of the pumps is off or on.

Mobius is a constantly evolving platform, these types of features will be launched out over time.

SoAg Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO once you save a template and hit activate it automatically is active? Assuming it doesn't start until you pass that time? So if I set it up right now to start at 12:00am and end at 11:45pm it wont start until tonight at 12:00am?

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO once you save a template and hit activate it automatically is active? Assuming it doesn't start until you pass that time? So if I set it up right now to start at 12:00am and end at 11:45pm it wont start until tonight at 12:00am?

In theory! I had mine setup like that for weeks and then one of the pumps just stopped. I find the only way I trust these pumps is to run them continuous on AWC mode. Of note, make sure that you put a maximum dosage if dosing additives. It will then stop automatically. In AWC mode I have daily dosage limitations off. I also have it attached to my apex and an alarm will go off if water level in sump gets funky. ALSO, when messing with the programming you can put the pumps in feed mode.

SoAg Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL...this setup makes me feel like an idiot and contrary to what my wife thinks, I am not. I have mine running kalk at .05ml minute for a max of 50ml a day. I set it up, saved the template, hit active and the thing isn't moving so I assumed itll start tonight at midnight but I have no clue. I watched all the videos and noone says how to start it just how to set it up so another assumption is that once you program it the thing will just work. I hate assuming and its my office tank so I wont be hear to see if its working. I even set it up as constant, hit activate and nothing happened. When I ask for help I get sent links to youtube videos that don't answer my simple question. How do you start the program? :rolleyes:;)

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL...this setup makes me feel like an idiot and contrary to what my wife thinks, I am not. I have mine running kalk at .05ml minute for a max of 50ml a day. I set it up, saved the template, hit active and the thing isn't moving so I assumed itll start tonight at midnight but I have no clue. I watched all the videos and noone says how to start it just how to set it up so another assumption is that once you program it the thing will just work. I hate assuming and its my office tank so I wont be hear to see if its working. I even set it up as constant, hit activate and nothing happened. When I ask for help I get sent links to youtube videos that don't answer my simple question. How do you start the program? :rolleyes:;)

It's probably working. You are correct in that it will not start unless the start time is after you program it. THe best way to tell (as you are away when it turns on) is to check the amount of KALK in your dosing container the next day. Of note, when my timed program stopped working on one of the pumps it was after an update. The only problems I have had (early adapter), where after updates:))

OP
OP
M

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say that I find Ecotech‘s instructions really bad. I have a Vectra, Vortech, and now a Versa. None of their products come with good instructions and their website support isn’t much better. I’ve found that third-part videos have been more helpful than the company. That’s not right.

Where are you learning about templates and how to use them?

SoAg Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say that I find Ecotech‘s instructions really bad. I have a Vectra, Vortech, and now a Versa. None of their products come with good instructions and their website support isn’t much better. I’ve found that third-part videos have been more helpful than the company. That’s not right.

Where are you learning about templates and how to use them?

i agree! Their products are great though but for us non tech people, the figure it out approach isnot great. I figured out the template thing just thru trial and error. When setting it up in manual mode on the app you’ll see a folder Icon on the top right or maybe it’s a +, I can’t remember, but if you hit that it allows you to name and save the settings as a template. Then in the manual screen if you scroll down there is a template button, click it, change from Mobius to user and your template will be there. Click on it and hit activate. Not even sure if you need to do that but I did it anyway. Since it’s Bluetooth I’m blind to it now so I’m hoping it runs the program at midnight. I’ll be able to tell thru my apex of the ph goes up.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree! Their products are great though but for us non tech people, the figure it out approach isnot great. I figured out the template thing just thru trial and error. When setting it up in manual mode on the app you’ll see a folder Icon on the top right or maybe it’s a +, I can’t remember, but if you hit that it allows you to name and save the settings as a template. Then in the manual screen if you scroll down there is a template button, click it, change from Mobius to user and your template will be there. Click on it and hit activate. Not even sure if you need to do that but I did it anyway. Since it’s Bluetooth I’m blind to it now so I’m hoping it runs the program at midnight. I’ll be able to tell thru my apex of the ph goes up.

I would never run a versa without it plugged into my apex and being able to monitor it with alarms. Being able to remotely shut it down or start up is a draw back to the current software.

OP
OP
M

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never run a versa without it plugged into my apex and being able to monitor it with alarms. Being able to remotely shut it down or start up is a draw back to the current software.
@bam123 thats an interesting point! I’m still debating getting a controller but leaning GHL. Of course this was after I bought the Versa — otherwise I may have considered the GHL Doser more carefully! Anyway, why didn’t you pick the DOS if you’re running Apex?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of asking a ton of clarifying questions. Can you post a screenshot of your saved schedule?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bam123 thats an interesting point! I’m still debating getting a controller but leaning GHL. Of course this was after I bought the Versa — otherwise I may have considered the GHL Doser more carefully! Anyway, why didn’t you pick the DOS if you’re running Apex?
I believe the whole purpose of mobius is for ecotech to come out with their own controller (inputs, logic, outputs). Although no one knows the timeline, with the biggest hurdle of them finally rolling out full integration of all their products come June 1st, they can finally get back to focusing on power bars, testing and sensors.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have both. I love my apex DOS for dosing 2 part ESV and small things. I check my alkalinity every few days with my hanna checker (1 minute), then adjust 2part on a DOS according (5 seconds) and I am done without any worries. For automatic water changes or for a big water change the VERSA is far superior. You can do a 10 gallon water change over 12 hours and it is very quiet. A 5 gallon water change on a DOS over 24 hours will drive you crazy!!!! Even 3 gallons over that time frame is loud.

SoAg Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of asking a ton of clarifying questions. Can you post a screenshot of your saved schedule?

i set it like this. No start button, just set it. I wasn’t sure if it’s running or not as I’m not with the tank at night or on weekends

5A6CB584-DAFD-449B-9C91-A8FCE867EC02.png 818F8B1C-283D-4DF1-B66C-88FEB52C1716.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back