Insulate drain lines in unheated crawl space?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out I cannot get three drain pipes through the floor joist space (without major surgery) so am going to run them against the underneath of the floor joists in an unheated crawl space with one side open to the elements. I will insulate the pipes with foam wrap, and maybe even box them out ..... any other clever suggestions? Was thinking about using one of those cable style copper pipe heaters, but not sure if they'd get too hot for PVC. I have a standby generator, so the chances of protracted power loss is small, but the return pump could fail. I do keep an apex temperature probe in the crawl space because my chiller is in there, so could also run a space heater should the return pump flow meter read zero.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out I cannot get three drain pipes through the floor joist space (without major surgery) so am going to run them against the underneath of the floor joists in an unheated crawl space with one side open to the elements. I will insulate the pipes with foam wrap, and maybe even box them out ..... any other clever suggestions? Was thinking about using one of those cable style copper pipe heaters, but not sure if they'd get too hot for PVC. I have a standby generator, so the chances of protracted power loss is small, but the return pump could fail. I do keep an apex temperature probe in the crawl space because my chiller is in there, so could also run a space heater should the return pump flow meter read zero.
It should work, we use these at work for freezer evap drain tube heaters. And theyre usually silicone or pvc.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back