Interceptor help

Reef Management LLC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm looking to dose my grow out and qt tanks as precautionary for white bug/red and black bugs with interceptor.

I currently have interceptor plus 23 MG milbemycin + 229 MG praziquantel 50 to 100 pound

Is this correct and what is dosage???

Also where can I get more without script I'm in Connecticut and what do u guys recommend?

How to I dose 20 gal qt and a secondary 30 gal qt and in future I have a 200 gallon grow out I wanna dose too

What do u suggest???

Thanks in advance

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try this guy. I was referred to him after being denied 10 times by CT vets. Expensive.

Otherwise some folks bought it from Canadian suppliers that would ship. Funny world, an 18 year old psychopath can buy an AR-15 in the US no worries, but heartworm meds is a real dangerous no-no?

Stephen Frattini, DVM
Owner/President
Center For Aquatic Animal Research and Management
(CFAARM)
[email protected]
http://cfaarm.org
(646) 844-4104 (P)
(646) 354-3673(C)

OP
OP
Reef Management LLC

Reef Management LLC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try this guy. I was referred to him after being denied 10 times by CT vets. Expensive.

Otherwise some folks bought it from Canadian suppliers that would ship. Funny world, an 18 year old psychopath can buy an AR-15 in the US no worries, but heartworm meds is a real dangerous no-no?

Stephen Frattini, DVM
Owner/President
Center For Aquatic Animal Research and Management
(CFAARM)
[email protected]
http://cfaarm.org
(646) 844-4104 (P)
(646) 354-3673(C)
Thanks I sent an email it's so weird how hard this is to get....

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Curious if you were able to get the classic interceptor without the Praziquantel. I’m about to look for some myself for an experiment. Is it really hard to get in the US?

Also, if you’ve already treated, I was hoping you could share any impacts on the tank/corals, and what all died as far as biodiversity. Any ammonia spike, mini cycle, etc?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Curious if you were able to get the classic interceptor without the Praziquantel. I’m about to look for some myself for an experiment. Is it really hard to get in the US?

Also, if you’ve already treated, I was hoping you could share any impacts on the tank/corals, and what all died as far as biodiversity. Any ammonia spike, mini cycle, etc?
I could only get the type WITH Prazi.

No deleterious effects except it does a number on your pod population and any crabs/shrimp you are not able to remove.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI I ordered from Canada Pet Care, they showed regular interceptor but shipped me Interceptor Spectrum with Prazi.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only every used the stuff with the Prazi. I also only followed the original dose from Dustin at ORA. The prazi was not an issue.

Here is the crazy thing... medications for aquariums are not regulated and you DO NOT need a prescription as long as the contents are labeled accurately. This is different from dogs, cats, birds, etc. EM, Prazi, Tylosin, and even MBE before in other products like Dr. G's Coral Dip are all legal in the US. Good luck getting a Vet to see this, though. A Vet that has experience with fish usually will understand and sell you the stuff, but these are hard to find. The best place to find them is at a freshwater club meet where you can ask around for one. You can also get the stuff for your dog, if you have one.

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FYI I ordered from Canada Pet Care, they showed regular interceptor but shipped me Interceptor Spectrum with Prazi.
Same thing happened to me. I called and got a refund saying it was not advertised and I could not use.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anybody wants to get adventurous, you can buy MBE in bulb. 5g for $998. You don't need an Rx to distribute it for fish, but it does need an accurate label if you resell it - I would have a business license and pay taxes and do everything legal like. 100g a pop at $50 makes $2500. It gets even cheaper if you buy more in bulk - you can buy it in 1kg and 10kg packages too.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is 100mg for £76 or 1g for £202.50 and split it with your friends, or you can get a quote by the kG if you want. This is probably not bad for those who cannot get the pills.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened to me. I called and got a refund saying it was not advertised and I could not use.

Thanks for this note. I did the same and they also made a “special exception for me”.

The product shipped from Miami so I’m guessing they have some weird workaround deal and aren’t actually shipping themselves.

On that note, I did a 5x dose today with the spectrum chew (man are they a pain to mix with water!) without incident and knocked out the white bugs. I only had them on 1 colony and it’s close to the glass so good for observation.

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for this note. I did the same and they also made a “special exception for me”.

The product shipped from Miami so I’m guessing they have some weird workaround deal and aren’t actually shipping themselves.

On that note, I did a 5x dose today with the spectrum chew (man are they a pain to mix with water!) without incident and knocked out the white bugs. I only had them on 1 colony and it’s close to the glass so good for observation.
Good to know. How did you mix the beef chew? I ended up getting the pure stuff from the vet but I have the chews still if needed. Also weird it shipped from Miami. Mines took two weeks and they asked if I could ship back but it was to international.

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did anyone notice interceptor killing their chaeto ? I have only changed that and my chaeto is looking really unhealthy all of a sudden. Phos 0.3 and nitrate 14 so I know I’m not starving it. I have changed nothing else ..

IMG_1443.jpeg

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. How did you mix the beef chew? I ended up getting the pure stuff from the vet but I have the chews still if needed. Also weird it shipped from Miami. Mines took two weeks and they asked if I could ship back but it was to international.

Blended with tank water in a blender. Don’t tell my wife

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 96 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back