Interceptor treatment upcoming: Can I pull my macroalgae to salvage some pods?

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jda must be thinking.....and thinking some more (scarecrow wizard of oz)

For those of you that don’t appreciate @jdas brilliance he likes to drop subtle movie lines surrounded by insight and experience. Dummies like me just notice the movie lines

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jda must be thinking.....and thinking some more (scarecrow wizard of oz)

For those of you that don’t appreciate @jdas brilliance he likes to drop subtle movie lines surrounded by insight and experience. Dummies like me just notice the movie lines
My brain is too cluttered with other trivia to stock this movie information -- for instance my home phone number when I was 6 years old -- 696-0190. The area code was less an issue then and was not required learning. I had a bike, and apparently I wandered a lot with it.

Anyway, what do I do with these Interceptor pills again? On a full stomach or no?

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brain is too cluttered with other trivia to stock this movie information -- for instance my home phone number when I was 6 years old -- 696-0190. The area code was less an issue then and was not required learning. I had a bike, and apparently I wandered a lot with it.

Anyway, what do I do with these Interceptor pills again? On a full stomach or no?
Coat them with peanut butter

OP
OP
S

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so I am 48 hours post initial dose. One large pill in about 250G water volume.

I left the macro in the refugium.
Coral and fish unaffected.
Brittle stars certainly took a hit.
Large amphids, and cleaner shrimp seem OK
The fast little pods that prefer the underside of the tiles seem to be gone. No trace.
Will run the usual battery of water tests tomorrow.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so I am 48 hours post initial dose. One large pill in about 250G water volume.

I left the macro in the refugium.
Coral and fish unaffected.
Brittle stars certainly took a hit.
Large amphids, and cleaner shrimp seem OK
The fast little pods that prefer the underside of the tiles seem to be gone. No trace.
Will run the usual battery of water tests tomorrow.
Weird
I did a full pill for 50g and I still have a bunch of amphipods and tiny brittle stars.

OP
OP
S

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An interesting side note to share regarding Interceptor and aefw. Yes. AEFW. This was before the tank treatment discussed under a separate thread.

Because I am chicken, I chose first to QT treat a few struggling colonies that bore symptoms of red/white/maybe blackbugs. 16 hrs with @Charlie's Frags QT solution. Maybe I found some suspect bugs. No red bugs or black. Just a few tiny, shrimp shaped, previously fast moving pods. Possibly Caucasian. Maybe culprits, maybe not. Maybe they had good lawyers preventing conviction.

What is indisputable is the significant presence of aefw on the glass. I cannot confirm their respiratory status but they seemed pretty sessile at 16 hours.

We all know aefw eggs survive the Revelation, but curious about other's witness on Interceptor and aefw in the worm form.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back