Interesting Read, would you keep one in your tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MDeVito
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have a Smith's blenny, Meiacanthus smithii, in my reef. He's neen know to grab food from my fingers...

Yeah, he's poisonous, but it's defensive. Unless you try and grab him by hand... and why would I do that?
 
This little guy? Nightmares? Come on, now... Probably scared of Santa when you were a kid :P

Smiths-Blenny.jpg
 
I've handled a few fang blennies and they have ne er tried to bite me. I also find them to be very peaceful for the most part but it can be a little imposing if you see them yawn.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new