1 yellow prawn goby and pistol shrimp
1 sand sifting goby
1 blue tang
1 yellow tang
1 biparitus leopard wrasse
1 midas
1 valentini puffer
1 purple firefish
I am looking for 2-3interesting last additions to my tank. All my fish are reef safe and get along very well with each other and I do want to keep it that way, as I did have a few nightmare fish at times, which I had to get rid of. So what are your ideas for a few fish that would get along well with the ones I have and will not harm corals, crabs, shrimps or snails?

OP
OP
E

Eleni18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I was thinking of maybe a foxface or butterfly fish or angel? Would they be reef safe and compatible with the fish I already have? Any recommendations or exceptions?

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Butter
Thanks. I was thinking of maybe a foxface or butterfly fish or angel? Would they be reef safe and compatible with the fish I already have? Any recommendations or exceptions?
Butterflys and angels are always gonna be a gamble as to if theyll go after corals. I second the anthias idea!

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I have a 600 liter mixed reef with the following fish:
2 clowns
2 mandarins
2 pajama cardinals
1 bangai cardinal
1 lawn mower goby
1 yellow prawn goby and pistol shrimp
1 sand sifting goby
1 blue tang
1 yellow tang
1 biparitus leopard wrasse
1 midas
1 valentini puffer
1 purple firefish
I am looking for 2-3interesting last additions to my tank. All my fish are reef safe and get along very well with each other and I do want to keep it that way, as I did have a few nightmare fish at times, which I had to get rid of. So what are your ideas for a few fish that would get along well with the ones I have and will not harm corals, crabs, shrimps or snails?
More wrasses! I'd get a fairy wrasse, perhaps the pintail or the pinkheaded (Cirrhilabrus isosceles or Cirrhilabrus chaliasi respectively) and a pencil wrasse pair, specifically the splendid or candy pencil (Pseudojuloides splendens).

Awesome reef safe fish, absolutely gorgeous.

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More wrasses! I'd get a fairy wrasse, perhaps the pintail or the pinkheaded (Cirrhilabrus isosceles or Cirrhilabrus chaliasi respectively) and a pencil wrasse pair, specifically the splendid or candy pencil (Pseudojuloides splendens).

Awesome reef safe fish, absolutely gorgeous.
Just tagging along since these are great sugestions and i have room for 1 more fish.

OP
OP
E

Eleni18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! What about a butterfly fish? Maybe a copper banded one? Or maybe one or two orchid dottybacks (are they really mean?) or royal gramma?

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! What about a butterfly fish? Maybe a copper banded one? Or maybe one or two orchid dottybacks (are they really mean?) or royal gramma?
Any of those would work, though I prefer keeping Grammas in pairs instead of singles. Just start with 2 juveniles and they'll get along fine.

The black cap basslet is also an excellent choice.

As for the butterfly, your yellow tang will probably give it hell when first introduced. Make sure to use an acclimation box for the sake of the butterfly.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 93 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back