Intermediate reefer just moved back to central Illinois

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with your new tank! I started this hobby in an area that I now know had a disproportionate number of fantastic LFS. I moved locations during the height of the pandemic, and soon realized that COVID related supply shortages aside, I didn't realize how good I had it in my previous location.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I’ve been here for a while but I thought I would throw a post here since I just recently moved from the St. Louis metro area back to my hometown in Effingham County, Illinois. I was spoiled with the awesome LFS’s and community in and around STL and now I’m like an hour and a half from the nearest LFS. I’m hoping to meet more reef keepers in my area to trade frags in the future.

Here is a link to the build thread for my previous tank.

It was an 80 gallon shallow mixed reef. Unfortunately I had to sell it and I am now restarting with a 47.5 gallon Tideline AIO system.
4A5F4EEE-07C7-4516-8DCD-EF475113130E.jpeg
Welcome!

Glad you joined and know all your experience will come in handy. While I like to support local shops, I order a lot online and even have a fish order with TSM as I *LOVE* how they medicate and truly give hospital tank service so I don't need to QT going forward.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back