Intermediate reefer just moved back to central Illinois

Good luck with your new tank! I started this hobby in an area that I now know had a disproportionate number of fantastic LFS. I moved locations during the height of the pandemic, and soon realized that COVID related supply shortages aside, I didn't realize how good I had it in my previous location.
 
Hi everyone! I’ve been here for a while but I thought I would throw a post here since I just recently moved from the St. Louis metro area back to my hometown in Effingham County, Illinois. I was spoiled with the awesome LFS’s and community in and around STL and now I’m like an hour and a half from the nearest LFS. I’m hoping to meet more reef keepers in my area to trade frags in the future.

Here is a link to the build thread for my previous tank.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-reefing-journey-from-0-to-an-80-gallon-shallow-reef.774600/
It was an 80 gallon shallow mixed reef. Unfortunately I had to sell it and I am now restarting with a 47.5 gallon Tideline AIO system.
4A5F4EEE-07C7-4516-8DCD-EF475113130E.jpeg
Welcome!

Glad you joined and know all your experience will come in handy. While I like to support local shops, I order a lot online and even have a fish order with TSM as I *LOVE* how they medicate and truly give hospital tank service so I don't need to QT going forward.
 
welcome33.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new