Internal overflow box

iminpa2380

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a used tank. Wanted to install an internal overflow box in it. I have searched with not a lot of luck. Anyone know a good reputable place to order them online. I need a 3deep 6 wide 6tall

Thanks
Eric

Ocellaris40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a used tank. Wanted to install an internal overflow box in it. I have searched with not a lot of luck. Anyone know a good reputable place to order them online. I need a 3deep 6 wide 6tall

Thanks
Eric
I got a few follow on questions. Is the tank already drilled, if not have you considered it? How big is the tank and how much water volume are you trying to push through your sump? If it's not drilled there's a few options, but without knowing more it's hard to give recommendations. Basically what are you trying to accomplish with the over flow?

Ocellaris40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks
Eric
I got a few follow on questions. Is the tank already drilled, if not have you considered it? How big is the tank and how much water volume are you trying to push through your sump? If it's not drilled there's a few options, but without knowing more it's hard to give recommendations. Basically what are you trying to accomplish with the over flow?

OP
OP
I

iminpa2380

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s drilled. The tank is 65 gallon 3 foot. Didn’t like the way it was setup before was ugly and afraid fish would get sucked into the overflow. It had an 1 1/2 elbow sticking in the tank as an overflow. It has a 20 gallon sump.

OP
OP
I

iminpa2380

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s drilled. The tank is 65 gallon 3 foot. Didn’t like the way it was setup before was ugly and afraid fish would get sucked into the overflow. It had an 1 1/2 elbow sticking in the tank as an overflow. It has a 20 gallon sump.
It has a 2400 gph pump currently. May change that later and 1 1/2 plumbing. I redid all that to

Ocellaris40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's a very aggressive pump for a return on a tank that size, you'd need a pretty enormous overflow to handle that and seems unlikely you'd get one in the size you're looking for. how many holes are drilled - mind throwing up a picture? Eshopps is a pretty reputable manufacturer, plenty of people here buy stuff off bulk reef supply or amazon.

OP
OP
I

iminpa2380

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's a very aggressive pump for a return on a tank that size, you'd need a pretty enormous overflow to handle that and seems unlikely you'd get one in the size you're looking for. how many holes are drilled - mind throwing up a picture? Eshopps is a pretty reputable manufacturer, plenty of people here buy stuff off bulk reef supply or amazon.
I was wrong on the pump it’s in LPH instead of gallons 2630 so around 700 GPH. There is just a hole for the overflow. Nothing for the return

Attachments

• IMG_0901.jpeg
    IMG_0901.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0900.jpeg
    IMG_0900.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 24

Ocellaris40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes more sense now! In that case I think you have lots of options at most online vendors. I always prefer having an overflow that can handle more flow than my return pump

OP
OP
I

iminpa2380

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes more sense now! In that case I think you have lots of options at most online vendors. I always prefer having an overflow that can handle more flow than my return pump
You think 8” wide by 4” deep and 6” tall. Would be good?? It would actually fit pretty good to

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back