Intestinal worms or normal poop?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mariette
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2019
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2,506
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this guy for just over a month. Spent 3 weeks in qt where he got 2 rounds of Prazi and 2 weeks of copper. He’s been in a 45g observation tank for 2 weeks. Noticed this white twisted poop hanging off him. Acts fine. Still chunky. Eats well. Doesn’t look like the thin straight string poo usually associated w intestinal worms. Should I be worried?

BDEAC72B-F003-4900-8012-3B82657A3E67.jpeg
 
Mucus feces are not usually associated with worms, but rather bacteria or protozoans. This can also happen from a change in diet or for no apparent reason at all. I talk about it a bit in this article (click on the PDF at the fight side of the page).

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/mucus-the-slime-that-binds.793/
In your fish's case, I would just observe it for continued or new symptoms. At some point, you could try General Cure in the water (in a treatment tank). Medicated foods are tough to dose properly, there are two article about it here.

Jay
 
Mucus feces are not usually associated with worms, but rather bacteria or protozoans. This can also happen from a change in diet or for no apparent reason at all. I talk about it a bit in this article (click on the PDF at the fight side of the page).

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/mucus-the-slime-that-binds.793/
In your fish's case, I would just observe it for continued or new symptoms. At some point, you could try General Cure in the water (in a treatment tank). Medicated foods are tough to dose properly, there are two article about it here.

Jay
I had no idea you were so qualified. I just thought you were a fellow hobbyist. I’m impressed Jay :) such a relief having advice from someone as knowledge as you. Thank you. I will observe. It appeared after he stuffed himself silly and fell off a few hours later. Will continue to observe. He’s got another 2 weeks in observational qt anyway :)
 
Mucus feces are not usually associated with worms, but rather bacteria or protozoans. This can also happen from a change in diet or for no apparent reason at all. I talk about it a bit in this article (click on the PDF at the fight side of the page).

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/mucus-the-slime-that-binds.793/
In your fish's case, I would just observe it for continued or new symptoms. At some point, you could try General Cure in the water (in a treatment tank). Medicated foods are tough to dose properly, there are two article about it here.

Jay
I guess all those fancy badges under your name should have been a clue hahaha
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new